Going for a Sub! - ASW675 v 700 v 750

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by NAH, Nov 8, 2004.

1. NAH

NAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Demoed a pair of B&W 703's at the weekend and a pair of 705's together with the 675 and 700 subs for 2 channel. The 703's are great but I was amazed at the improvement the subs brought to the 705's.

As I currently run CDM 1NT's I have decided that I will put off the main speaker upgrade (703's) and go for the sub first. This will also be a step toward 5.1 and I believe will improve DVD enjoyment.

I have arranged for home demo next week but now wonder whether I should be looking at the 750 as the contender against the 675 as I hear such good things here on the forum.

Can anybody help me by sharing their experience of these 3 subs - given my current speakers and that my main goal is stereo performance.

Room size is 5m x 13m, but set-up only in one half of the room.

Thanks,

Neil

2. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,387
    750 all the way....

That said though, I heard the 700 last weekend and was very impressed:) You might also like to consider the SVS range, unless looks are important.

3. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    For the size of your room -

ASW675 NAH
    ASW700 NAH
    ASW750 :thumbsup:

4. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    Ok that reply was a bit sad. Sorry Neil.

I have owned both the ASW675 and the ASW750. Both are very good subs at their price points, but the ASW750 is a significantly better performer with a 12" driver and double the amp power over the ASW675. Actually not many people know this but the ASW750 has two of the 500rms amps found in the ASW675 bolted together and not one 1000 rms unit. Its a worthwile step up.

5. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    I've also owned the 675 and the 750.
    The 750 is significantly better and would get my vote out of the three without hesitation.

6. NAH

NAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the feedback gents. :smashin:

I see that you all clearly prefer the 750 over the 675 - this helps me convince myself !!! Mind you it is nearly twice the price, so I am assuming that you factored this in ?

Looks are important so the 700 series appeals from that perspective - however the 750 costs around the same as the 704's and is heading towards the cost of the 703's!!! - wouldn't that be a better upgrade?

Anyone got experience comparing the ASW700 with the 675 or 750? What amp and main speakers are you guys using the 750 with?

Cheers,

Neil

7. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Out of the subwoofers you have mentioned, I would pick the ASW750 as well, but, it might be worth listening to the Quad L Subwoofer too, the ASW750 is a better sub, but like you said, is very expensive, the Quad L Subwoofer is £700 rrp, and this comfortably outperforms the ASW675, and looks absolutely gorgeous with its lacquered finish.

If you are going to stick with B&W though, then definitely the ASW750 :D

8. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    When I had my 750 it was running from a Pioneer 2011 and my main speakers are Kef KHT 9000 ACE.
    Never heard the 700 so cannot comment there.