Going down the Samsung 3D route

tomregan1985

Standard Member
Reaction score
My current setup is

Samsung BD-P1500
Samsung HT-TZ215 Home Cinema System
Samsung LE40A556P LCD Television

I will be keeping the home cinema but not the tv and Blu ray as its not 3d ready.

Main use of the Tv is blu rays and The connection to my pc via XMBC media centre so mostly films in HD And TV series, i do own an xbox but only gets used now and then.

Also own a galaxy S3 so if i can find one that can be controled via my phone even better.

Budget is £500 and needs to be samsung like all my other products.

the ones i have found are below not sure which to get.

1:
43-inch E490 Series 4 1024 x 768 Plasma TV | PS43E490B1 - Samsung UK - FEATURES

2:
40-inch D6100 Series 6 Smart 3D Full HD 1080p LED TV | UE40D6100SK - Samsung UK - OVERVIEW

3:
40-inch EH6030 Series 6 3D Full HD 1080p LED TV | UE32EH6030 - Samsung UK - OVERVIEW

The fact i have to buy a new bluray player means the smart hub isnt that important as i can get apps via xmbc and or the new blu ray player

Ive had a read and i can see the problem if you think your getting full HD and your not but i still think its better then no 3d support all together.

The main reason i am upgrading is because of the 3d feature to tell you the truth. I just cant make my mind up which one of these 3 TVs will have the best picture

been offered a second hand Samsung UE40C7000 is that any better then those, i cant seem to find much info online or on the samsung website. Would it be similar to the D7000?

Last edited by a moderator:
tomregan1985 said:
been offered a second hand Samsung UE40C7000 is that any better then those, i cant seem to find much info online or on the samsung website. Would it be similar to the D7000?

By what ive read the C series 3d isnt great at all.

so as bad as the D6*** series is would you still pick it over the c7 or c8*** series?

Well I wouldn't choose any of them, zero interest in 3D. I would probably choose the D7000 on looks alone!

I think Panasonic plasmas are good for 3D, although other failings - can you find a 42GT30 somewhere maybe? Or how much is the 42UT50 now?

as much as i would like a d7000 its not within the £500 mark, and as good as other brands are im staying with samsung as everything else i own is more or less samsung.

3D is a must otherwise i wouldnt really be upgrading as my current Tv does the job

Why not mix brands? I use a Panasonic player and PS3 with my Samsung TV in the main room and a Samsung player with an LG set upstairs.

one basic reason is the remote's all work together as one, two because lame but it looks nice all the same brand and im also loyal to samsung which isnt always a good thing

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
so is it not the case that a never model is always better?
the LE40C750 and the newer UE40ES6300 or 6100 look more or less the same on paper from what i can see other then one is internet based the other is SMART

The 40C750 is CCFL LCD and not LED edgelit - so less chance of backlight bleed (but not impossible)

It depends if you want new with a proper warranty and protection of SOGA. Unfortunately, your budget is low for a high end model and the Samsung only requirement restricts you further

but i guess with LED you get better contrast and if its 400hz then it should be just as good if not better?

I don't think the actual tech has a great impact, more the cost and make

I have the 2D version of the C750 -very good TV but the viewing angles aren't great and I certainly have clouding on a plain dark screen

The hz figure is just marketing w***y waving in the real world - just processing, which if you game adds lag and if you watch TV or films causes the soap opera effect so you'll just switch it off

Well out the blue a tv i was bidding on and lost has just offered me a 2nd chance off and Ive gone ahead with it. Just hope its not a scam. 3months old with 2 pairs of glasses and box ect
Samsung Series 6 UE40ES6710 40"

good choice for £400?

Bargain, enjoy. Cash on collection?

no up in Scotland so thats my only worry, paid via paypal and he states it as un marked working 100% so if its not i will be contacting paypal. he doesnt seem too clued up tbh

Well out the blue a tv i was bidding on and lost has just offered me a 2nd chance off and Ive gone ahead with it. Just hope its not a scam. 3months old with 2 pairs of glasses and box ect
Samsung Series 6 UE40ES6710 40"

good choice for £400?
thats what happens when people get there friends to bid it up they then offer it to the higherst bidder.

and the other tv i listed sorry didnt relise it was not 3d.

40-inch EH6030 Series 6 3D Full HD 1080p LED TV | UE32EH6030 - Samsung UK - OVERVIEW
i think will be the best.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom