1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOING COMPLETELY BONKERS!!..aagghh

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by superfly74, Jan 2, 2004.

1. superfly74

superfly74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok..the facts...i have a sony IP5 ...i need to edit my honeymoon footage onto my PC which operates on a Windows 98 system. I bought Pinnacle Studio 8 DV package and installed the software without any probs.

I managed to get the 1394 IEEE fireware BUS working and the camera now appears under 'Imaging Devices' . However, I am having problems in getting the camera to install as a 'yellow exclamation mark' appears on the device meaning that it cannot be read by the system. I cannot capture the sony on Pinnacle as it states that 'the DV capture cannot be read..blah blah'

Can someone please help!!!

:( :( :( :( :( :confused: :confused:

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Hi superfly74 and welcome to our happy home that is the forums :hiya:

I have seen a few post recently from people that are unable to capture from their camcorder and I have always advised the followin:

Boot PC
    Connect camcorder via firewire
    Power on the camcorder
    Start the editing programme.

In most cases when the above order is followed the PC and the software will detect the camcorder and capture is successful. The software only tries to detect the cam on startup so if its not there at that point then it will never see it.

HTH,
    Mark.

3. virgola

virgola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hemhmmmm.... I'm sorry, I don' even dare to tell you that .... your camera is a MicroMv Tipe NOT supported by most nle and editing software (almost only Sony Vaio).....
    MicroMV has not broad diffusion and compatibility as MINIDV...

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Yep! MicroMV does complicate things.
    I think Studio 8 does support MicroMV camcorders but you will need to get onto the Pinnacle web site and download all the latest patches before it will.

Mark.

5. superfly74

superfly74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys

i shall see if it works!:rolleyes:

:suicide: :rotfl:

6. superfly74

superfly74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: :clap: ok, it works great..had to get a new pc though which has XP...but the quality is not that great...any chance you guys can let me know how to improve the picture on pinnacle through microMV??..:rotfl: :rotfl:

thanks