• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Going back to your videogaming roots :-)

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Just received my recently purchased Grandstand 2000. This is where it all began for me back in the 70's, the whole family used to love this thing. Basically a Pong clone with Tennis, Football, Squash and Practice games, a few other adjustables too such as bat size etc. to hardcore things up a bit:laugh:

2013-03-25-10381_zps5e19334f.jpg

So nice to finally get my hands on one again, shame I don't have the required batteries to fire it up tonight:)

Next purchase will be the computer that followed it, the Texus Instruments TI99/4A.

I know we have a few collectors here that have wisely kept their original stuff, but anyone else like me that's felt the desire to re-purchase their old videogames machines that brought them so much joy when they were young?

Amph

Distinguished Member
Just received my recently purchased Grandstand 2000. This is where it all began for me back in the 70's, the whole family used to love this thing. Basically a Pong clone with Tennis, Football, Squash and Practice games, a few other adjustables too such as bat size etc. to hardcore things up a bit:laugh:

So nice to finally get my hands on one again, shame I don't have the required batteries to fire it up tonight:)

Next purchase will be the computer that followed it, the Texus Instruments TI99/4A.

I know we have a few collectors here that have wisely kept their original stuff, but anyone else like me that's felt the desire to re-purchase their old videogames machines that brought them so much joy when they were young?

I was lucky enough to pick up a SNES on freecycle with Mario Allstars but they couldnt find a control pad. Need to scour the car boot sales when (if) the weather gets better.

Also a mate recently gave me his NES with Mario/Duck Hunt, Pad and Zapper. It was the first console bundle I ever owned as a nipper. :D Also gave me Super Mario Bros 3, which I was pretty bloody good at back in the day. Bet I suck at it now though. Also a shoot em up, in the mold of R-Type but can't remember what it's called.

Having only moved house a few months ago and still settling in, haven't had chance yet to fire them up.

Want to get hands on Spectrum 48k, Commodore 64 and Megadrive at some point. I long to play Strider on one once more.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom