• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Going Back to MW2.

KMC

Banned
Treyarch have flopped.

When you crouch with Ghost Pro you make a noise. << FAIL

Ghost pro on BETA was invisible to everything and rightly so, even when a blackbird was online.

In the game dogs can still kill you, you still show up on the radar with a blackbird in the air.

How is it called ghost? Total waste of Perk 1 slot. Treyarch have messed up big time.

Framerate/lag is unplayable. On the Xbox this is a practically non issue.

We PS3 owners have pretty much been robbed of hard earned money.

They had a BETA up, where the MP was played on a secure connection where they were all in proximity of each other, of course they wont have issues.

Was host on a few games, for about 5 games, my KD was roughly 4, when all the shots connect and all of a sudden good players are rewarded and rightly so.

Next game someone joins in they get host, and practically destroys the whole team and posts up a 45-3 gameplay, while me i barely scratched 1.

This game is broken, unplayable in it's current form and I am suprised why is everyone still playing this when it's clearly unplayable.

Nighthawk joined a game, while I was host I get a 35-4 Olympia gameplay.

This game is a connection lottery :(

It can be a potential saver in the COD franchise, this game at times blew my mind away when I was host, not that I got a good scrore just in general it was smooth, maps were a joy to play on, and NO COMMANDO, there was much more gun fights, it actually felt like a game at that time that made me forget about MW2, then all went downhill.

David Vonderhaar mentioned about the G11 being nerfed and AK74U too, is he an imbecile?? Taking away from a game, that is unplayable? FIX THE LAG ISSUES THEN NERF GUNS. :mad:

73 Million copies of BLOPS sold, an estimate of nearly £300 million revenue.

Yet no dedicated servers, nor a fix. We have bought a BETA for treyarch to fix issues.

David Vonderhaar is still on a promo tour, when He should be in the office managing people to fix this game. :mad:

Xbox users on the other hand, get a product that is playable.

Give Treyarch time?? My PS3 froze 5 times, Hardrive gets corrupted you have to fork out the money for a replacement.

It's been 10 days surely in that time fix the lag issues, then matchmaking???

Treyarch need to :suicide: JD and Vonderhaar

Dave Clutton

Standard Member
You need to use NINJA to be silent not GHOST.

When you have NINJA equipped you still make a noise that only you can hear and Vahn has agreed that this is confusing. He has already said that this will be fixed in a future patch.

I admit that there are problems with this game but given time I'm sure they will be fixed. I had lag issues for the first 3 weeks playing MW2.

KMC

Banned
You need to use NINJA to be silent not GHOST.

When you have NINJA equipped you still make a noise that only you can hear and Vahn has agreed that this is confusing. He has already said that this will be fixed in a future patch.

I admit that there are problems with this game but given time I'm sure they will be fixed. I had lag issues for the first 3 weeks playing MW2.

When crouching with any perk you dont make any noise. Same goes walking with ADS.

This has been in game since MW1, WAW,MW2.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Black ops moaning thread. :thumbsup:

It's been fine since the patch for me anyway. That's not to say there still isn't problems.

I don't remember Vahn saying about nerfing weapons mind.

Enjoy MW2. :thumbsup:

Hubba-EX

Prominent Member
I have a solution for everyone that keeps moaning about the game.

Put it away until the New Year, if nothing has changed then move move on. It shouldn't be hard, just pretend in your head the game launches in Jan 2011.

Last time I played Fuel on MW2 (a good few months ago) I was getting killed by a rock. Next time I play Fuel on MW2 I will still be getting killed by a rock :thumbsdow

KMC

Banned
@ Hubba i have to disagree, MW2 is playable, i never play on fuel case of droppin out the lobby then,

No need sarcasm as to say i am imbecile for going back to that game :(

Is there a fix for this?? As you guys actually play ut without any issues I presume?

I have put my PS3 in DMZ, and my NAT type is open

This is frustrating and my internet is 15 down and 2 up.

@Chalk Call of Duty: Black Ops

post 2 a direct response from Vahn regarding the nerfing of these guns.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Cheers Mate.

Let's hope they don't as I don't think there's wrong with them as they are.

Like has been said. Don't give up on it just yet. Let's see a couple of updates first. If it's still a bag, then by all means switch on the toobfest.

I'd rather give this time anyway. It's got until KZ3.

KMC

Banned
yeah I am going to try late at night when the kids are all in school, wont give up but its a bit of ajoke now, game is broken but managers are still doing promo tours lol

The AK74u is a perfect gun i dont feel it needs to be nerfed, the G11 on the other hand shoots quicker then a famas in between bursts.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
yeah I am going to try late at night when the kids are all in school, wont give up but its a bit of ajoke now, game is broken but managers are still doing promo tours lol

The AK74u is a perfect gun i dont feel it needs to be nerfed, the G11 on the other hand shoots quicker then a famas in between bursts.

Yeah but everyone can use it so there's no need to nerf it.

KMC

Banned
Precisely with the G11 they can add recoil, slow down the rate of fire or nerf the damage by 1 bullet.

Tall_Paul

Distinguished Member
I can see why they're thinking of nerfing the Ak74u, it has a lot of similarities with the mp40 from waw...

Bear in mind every gun needs to be balanced, so high damage guns have high recoil or a slow ROF, low damage guns have high ROF and/or very good accuracy.

The 74u has a 30 round clip (more than most of the SMGs) it is a 3 bullet kill at close range (40 damage), it has low recoil, and it has very good hip fire even without the grip. every other SMG is rubbish compared to it, basically it isn't balanced.

Sounds a lot like the MP40 to me which everyone used on waw. Stick rapid fire and a grip on it and you snipe people from across the map!

Det

Distinguished Member
Precisely with the G11 they can add recoil, slow down the rate of fire or nerf the damage by 1 bullet.
Uhhh... G11 is a 35/25 damage gun. So you get 1 burst kills up to about 35 meters. The M16 only needs 1 burst up to 50 meters and then beyond that if you get 1 headshot with one of the bullets then it's still 1 burst. Not sure what you're going on about. It's fine as is. It makes up for the low damage with accuracy and speed (think ACR).

Last edited:

steviegall

Prominent Member
yeah i really hope they dont nerf the g11, i mean you need to buy all the other rifles to get it and its classified for a reason i would assume

Dave H

Prominent Member
Not tried the G11 yet is it better than the Commando ?

Dave.

meweavy

Distinguished Member

Dave.
the g11 is excellent on maps like array,if you like the cautious approach then it is good.if you play aggressively then the commando is better.although as good as the commando is its slow rate of fire might let you down.

Det

Distinguished Member

Dave.
I'm only lvl 37 or 38 so I haven't tried it yet, aside from picking it up off dead bodies, so I can't really give you a personal opinion on it, but stats and peoples opinions of it dont lie. I'd say its brilliant.

meweavy

Distinguished Member
going back to the op.i fired up mw2 earlier straight after blops.

it looks better and sounds better than blops,but it felt detatched compared to blops.the m14 had no recoil what so ever compared to the recoil of the guns in blops.and it just didnt feel as rewarding.the game felt far too smooth,too fast and not as rewarding as blops.

blops is much better when you put the two together in terms of when you are actually in a game and not getting kicked,lagged etc.

now if only blops had the same speed in finding games and not getting kicked out of games.
bput them both together and blops wins in terms of earning the kills.

NorvernRob

Distinguished Member
I can see why they're thinking of nerfing the Ak74u, it has a lot of similarities with the mp40 from waw...

Bear in mind every gun needs to be balanced, so high damage guns have high recoil or a slow ROF, low damage guns have high ROF and/or very good accuracy.

The 74u has a 30 round clip (more than most of the SMGs) it is a 3 bullet kill at close range (40 damage), it has low recoil, and it has very good hip fire even without the grip. every other SMG is rubbish compared to it, basically it isn't balanced.

Sounds a lot like the MP40 to me which everyone used on waw. Stick rapid fire and a grip on it and you snipe people from across the map!

Sniping people with a 74u? It's garbage at range, 20 damage isn't it, which is a 5 hit kill? If anyone stays still that long they deserve to die :laugh:

Det

Distinguished Member
The problem isn't the ak74u. Its the other guns that need buffed. Right now you have only 2 real options for close quarters maps. The ak74u or assault rifles. Its unbalanced.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom