Question Going ATMOS for the first time-advice needed

Adiedinburgh

I'm after some advice regarding building my first ATMOS system in the new house I'm moving into in March.

Currently my 5.1 system consists of Anthem MRX-720, DALI Oberon 5, Vokal and Dali Fazon Sat as surround speaker, the sub is SVS SB2000 PRO. I've also ordered 2 pairs of DALI Phantom E50 for Atmos and these will be installed in the ceiling.

I'm planning to change my avr to either Nad 778T or Anthem MRX 1140 (both would allow me to go atmos without the extra power amp).

I'm considering changing my surrounds to MK M40T tripoles to give me more of that enveloping sound, however I'm wondering of this would be a right thing to do considering I'll have 4 ceiling speakers? The surrounds will be positioned on the side walls just slightly behind the MLP.

Also I'm not sure if tonally they would work with Dalis? I mostly watch movies and play games through my system, I listen to a lot of music but always do that in 2 channel mode.

In regards to the placement of the in ceiling speakers I'll try to post the layout of the room shortly and would appreciate the advice as I don't have a clue here really.

gibbsy

I'm considering changing my surrounds to MK M40T tripoles to give me more of that enveloping sound,
People do use tri or bi-pole speakers but the use of a mono can often give better results in an Atmos set up. The positioning of the tri-poles is important as they depend on reflected sound to work properly.

For Dolby Atmos try and stick as near as possible to the guides.

Dolby Atmos Setup Guides - Dolby

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom