Godzilla US BD releases

Have to admit I didn't realise at first it was a large book that held the discs, never trust them not to damage the discs and the fact they have squeezed 15 films onto 7 discs also doesn't feel me with confidence regarding their quality but still I will be buying it.

For those interested the set is currently $170.36 using discount code “ENDGAME15” from Deepdiscount.

About the same price as my US pre-order, what to do what to do cancel and wait or leave the order.

Last edited:
About the same price as my US pre-order, what to do what to do cancel and wait or leave the order.

I'm waiting for the next £10/10% off code from Amazon or Zavvi before ordering it. Really happy this is getting a UK release. Only problem is the size of that big boy, it looks the size of a coffee table book!

Signup10 still works for 10% off for PayPal payments on zoom

Was just about to suggest that, obviously not ideal as they will take payment now but no harm in waiting until the week before release and ordering then, it’s not like it’s going to sell out.

I think I will keep my US order as my primary Blu-Ray player is Region A, all my other Godzilla Blu-rays are US releases and it is out a month earlier.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The more places the better but no where beating Zoom yet.

Still have my US set pre-ordered for now, if the exchange rate takes another hard hit (it’s likely) then I may have to reconsider.

Still have my US set pre-ordered for now, if the exchange rate takes another hard hit (it’s likely) then I may have to reconsider.
That's so true as who knows at this point in time what's going to happen with the exchange rate...still on brighter note i can't wait this release :smashin:

I hope we also get the Heisei Godzilla Series at some point.

Last edited:
Classic :) i especially like this comment on youtube by hammerheaddummyface

"Seeing showa movies edited like a modern trailer is just hilarious"

Last edited:
Sets starting to end up in the hands of reviewers and so far so good, obviously not the super detailed bit perfect presentations you could get from new scans but seeing as the source masters are 11 years old and have been bad mouthed a fair bit on another forum I think they look quite nice, certainly could look better but from the way some went on I was expecting Star Trek TOS Movie Collection bad.

If the Trek films had been released looking like these I think people would have been quite happy with them, obviously improvements could be made but they are not an over-saturated, edge enhanced DNR mess, these actually look like film.

Exchange rate actually improved so my set worked out around £132 delivered so decided to keep the pre-order and it has just shipped :)

Fingers crossed it arrives intact and that they don’t screw up the import side of things.

The set seems to have sold out at both Zoom and Amazon, knew it was a limited release but damn to sell out in the pre-order stage a month before release is unexpected.

Looks like my copy is now in the hands of Hermes so should be here shortly :)

Mine is currently with Hermes so fingers crossed will be here for the weekend :)

Well Hermes have delivered it to 'Porch' so I really hope they have left it outside the door to my flat and not the door to the building otherwise I can say goodbye to that.

Thankfully he was a smart one, just got home to find it resting outside my front door :)

Had feared the journey might have ruined it but the outer packaging box did a fine job and it arrived in mint condition and sure is a beauty :D

AFBDF480-A8E1-4038-AE74-79CFFA95A1D9.jpeg

Last edited:
Price has been slashed to £112 delivered for the US set from Amazon.com

The set seems to have sold out at both Zoom and Amazon, knew it was a limited release but damn to sell out in the pre-order stage a month before release is unexpected.

I ordered from amazonuk the day it was added, had meant to also order with zoom to take advantage of the 10% off but was waiting to see if any better prices came up and next thing I knew they'd sold out which I want expecting.

Think I'll hold of for my original order now. Can't wait for this, I grew up with these movies and have happy memories with my best mate who is sadly no longer with us having Godzilla nights with them all recorded to VHS. Good times.

Tons of squabbling on other forums about various things with this set but I think it looks great and will just be happy to have it.

FYI the US set is region locked, odd choice if you ask me as it means they have to author the discs twice.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom