Godzilla US BD releases

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member

Indiana Jones

Still have my US set pre-ordered for now, if the exchange rate takes another hard hit (it’s likely) then I may have to reconsider.

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
Still have my US set pre-ordered for now, if the exchange rate takes another hard hit (it’s likely) then I may have to reconsider.
That's so true as who knows at this point in time what's going to happen with the exchange rate...still on brighter note i can't wait this release :smashin:

I hope we also get the Heisei Godzilla Series at some point.

Last edited:

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
Classic :) i especially like this comment on youtube by hammerheaddummyface

"Seeing showa movies edited like a modern trailer is just hilarious"

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

Sets starting to end up in the hands of reviewers and so far so good, obviously not the super detailed bit perfect presentations you could get from new scans but seeing as the source masters are 11 years old and have been bad mouthed a fair bit on another forum I think they look quite nice, certainly could look better but from the way some went on I was expecting Star Trek TOS Movie Collection bad.

If the Trek films had been released looking like these I think people would have been quite happy with them, obviously improvements could be made but they are not an over-saturated, edge enhanced DNR mess, these actually look like film.

Indiana Jones

Exchange rate actually improved so my set worked out around £132 delivered so decided to keep the pre-order and it has just shipped :)

Fingers crossed it arrives intact and that they don’t screw up the import side of things.

Indiana Jones

The set seems to have sold out at both Zoom and Amazon, knew it was a limited release but damn to sell out in the pre-order stage a month before release is unexpected.

Indiana Jones

Looks like my copy is now in the hands of Hermes so should be here shortly :)

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member

Indiana Jones

Mine is currently with Hermes so fingers crossed will be here for the weekend :)

Indiana Jones

Well Hermes have delivered it to 'Porch' so I really hope they have left it outside the door to my flat and not the door to the building otherwise I can say goodbye to that.

Indiana Jones

Thankfully he was a smart one, just got home to find it resting outside my front door :)

Had feared the journey might have ruined it but the outer packaging box did a fine job and it arrived in mint condition and sure is a beauty :D

AFBDF480-A8E1-4038-AE74-79CFFA95A1D9.jpeg

Last edited:

Indiana Jones

Price has been slashed to £112 delivered for the US set from Amazon.com

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
The set seems to have sold out at both Zoom and Amazon, knew it was a limited release but damn to sell out in the pre-order stage a month before release is unexpected.
I ordered from amazonuk the day it was added, had meant to also order with zoom to take advantage of the 10% off but was waiting to see if any better prices came up and next thing I knew they'd sold out which I want expecting.

Think I'll hold of for my original order now. Can't wait for this, I grew up with these movies and have happy memories with my best mate who is sadly no longer with us having Godzilla nights with them all recorded to VHS. Good times.

Tons of squabbling on other forums about various things with this set but I think it looks great and will just be happy to have it.

Indiana Jones

FYI the US set is region locked, odd choice if you ask me as it means they have to author the discs twice.

Hanzo the Razor

Novice Member
Thanks for that. I've just treated myself to this! I haven't seen any of them since they were on late night Channel 4 on a Friday night in the late 80s/early 90s.

PaxtonSage

Thanks for that. I've just treated myself to this! I haven't seen any of them since they were on late night Channel 4 on a Friday night in the late 80s/early 90s.
That’s where I first caught them all, was called Creature Feature or something like that, used to be a bunch of those and once the run had finished they had all the films like Mr Vampire & Encounters Of The Spooky Kind. Used to set the VHS every night to record them. Isn’t it weird how some of the best films from your childhood were always on at silly o clock?

Indiana Jones

My Dad used to record Godzilla films for me in the 90s which I would watch before school, all I could remember was that they were on Channel 4 and that Destroy All Monsters was my favourite, never even saw the original film until I bought the Criterion Blu-Ray in 2012 and too this day I have never seen Godzilla Raids Again, Godzilla vs King Kong or All Monsters Attack.

johnbower

I started a collection way back now have the following:

Destroy all Monsters
Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla vs Biollante
Godzilla vs Hedorah
Godzilla vs Gigan
Godzilla vs The sea monster
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla Criterion edition
Godzilla vs King Ghidorah Godzilla and Mothra The battle for earth
Godzilla Mothra and Kong Ghidorah Giant monsters all out attack Godzilla against Mechagodzilla
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II Godzilla vs Space Godzilla
Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S. Godzilla Final Wars
Godzilla vs Destroyah Godzilla vs Megaguirus
Rebirth of Mothra I II III
Gamera Trilogy
Gamera 4-Movie collection Volume 1
Gamera 4-Movie collection Volume 2

All still sealed.
Just checked to buy all these new would cost £430.
Anyone know how far off completing the lot I am?
From the Showa box set I have:

Godzilla vs Hedorah
Godzilla vs Ebirah
Destroy all Monsters
Godzilla Criterion edition

So would need the box set for the other 10 films
Or what to do if I wanted to sell these?

Indiana Jones

I sold off the Showa-era films I already had and put the money towards the Criterion set, depending on the versions of Destroy All Monsters and Megalon you have, selling those two could pay for the whole 15 film set.

This is the extent of my Toho monster movie collection...

520BABB1-073C-45B2-BC72-6CB6FF432B49.jpeg

Last edited:

johnbower

Destroy All Monsters is The 2014 Tokyo Shock one and Megalon 2014

What was the difference between these and DAM Media Blasters one? assume the earlier the better so these would be around £20 each.

Also have the 2014 Lionsgate films Biolante that one is region free.

Indiana Jones

Destroy All Monsters is The 2014 Tokyo Shock one and Megalon 2014

What was the difference between these and DAM Media Blasters one? assume the earlier the better so these would be around £20 each.

Also have the 2014 Lionsgate films Biolante that one is region free.
The Media Blasters releases had content not approved by Toho so were pulled shortly before/after release and now go for quite a pretty penny (ie £50+) the later releases had the same PQ/AQ but were barebones and sell for £10-15 each (each film had screwed up contrast which has been corrected on the Criterion releases)

Biollante is an interesting one as the original release by Echo Bridge had screwed up audio but for a brief time they offered replacements then it went OOP only to return a few years later by Lionsgate but it was the exact same fixed Echo Bridge disc just with a different cover but that has also now gone OOP.

johnbower

Think I will mull over this and either go for the full set or sell my collection.

Out of interest if I put the lot on here classifieds would there be any interest do you think?

Or better off selling elsewhere?

Indiana Jones

Think I will mull over this and either go for the full set or sell my collection.

Out of interest if I put the lot on here classifieds would there be any interest do you think?

Or better off selling elsewhere?
I tried selling mine on here but got no interest so ended up listing them on eBay starting at 99p each, most went for £6-8 but a few went for £10-15, think after fees and postage I got about £50 for the seven films which wasn’t too bad considering they are region locked titles hence a much smaller base to sell too.