Godzilla! (New Japanese DVD Box Set)

grey torq

Established Member
Reaction score
Check out the Godzilla perfect box set at cdjapan, the ultimate collectable to end all debates about the size of your ego. Only $900(£500) serious fanatical lunatics need only apply.

As I understand it, none of the Godzilla movies ever got released with English subs in Japan

Yep you're right no subs so unless you can understand Japanese this is pretty pointless, I should have checked, I was just gobsmacked at a £500 boxed set.

there's around 30 films though and Jap stuff's always expensive

Look here: http://www.toho-a-park.com/video/godzilla/index.html

That's a new Godzilla boxset containing all 27 films plus the recent US version, 3 discs of bonus material and a space for the last movie, Godzilla Final, due out later this year, a music CD, book, special latex Godzilla skin.

Price? 99,750 Yen! That's a staggering £510 in Japan so I dread to think what price importers are going to be asking for this one given the outrageous mark-up s some have been charging for recent Japanese deluxe editions such as the Kill Bill and Alien Head sets.

Oops, sorry. I did do a search though...

I'm more staggered at the price of the thing than anything else.

It's here. Yeah, it is a mad price, but then again it is a huge set. But like I said, lack of subs will completely kill it for importing, as if the price hadn't already! ;)

I have merged the two threads together...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom