Godless (Netflix)

We’ve only just started this, watched episode 3 last night...as been mentioned, the scenery is fab and noticed that the guy from Sons of Anarchy - Kim Coats in it too.
Enjoying it so far :)
Unusual for Coates to play an arsehole. ;)

Finished this yesterday. As a lover of westerns I thought this was outstanding. The photography, as mentioned by many, is sumptuous. I wonder what this looks like in 4K?

Would like to see if they commission a 2nd series.

Finished watching Godless last night in all it's 4K glory and I loved it. Great story and characters.

Up to episode 4. Really well-written dialogue here. The Brits are doing a good job in their roles given the place and time this story takes place in. Favourite character so far is Thomas Brodie-Sangster's Whitey.

Good to see Erik LaRay Harvey on the screen again. He was menacing as Mr Purnsley in Boardwalk Empire.

Lovely cinematography too.

Just started this, episode 1 done. I’m really enjoying it and Jeff Daniels is actually very good in his role

What a fantastic Western TV show. The best TV show in sometime! 4 down and looking good

Finished this the other night. Really enjoyed it and nice to have a standalone series with no real questions at the end. Was just like one big Western Movie which built up over a few hours to the last shootout. Thought Jeff Daniels and everyone else in it were great.

Well worth a binge imo.

3 episodes in, very good so far.

Watched 6 episodes now, so just the finale tonight.

It's very good but I have to be honest, it's dragging big time for me now. The finale better go out with a bang.

The Finale was excellent, loved it.

I honestly think that for me the series overall could have done with being 5hrs total rather than 7, but that is my only criticism, everything else was great.

The Finale was excellent, loved it.

I honestly think that for me the series overall could have done with being 5hrs total rather than 7, but that is my only criticism, everything else was great.

The finale was excellent but the final 10 minutes was a little dragged out

The finale was excellent but the final 10 minutes was a little dragged out
I didn't mind that because my thirst for some action had been satisfied with the previous hour of viewing :D

Emmy winners 2018: the complete list
OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE
  • Ricky Martin, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
  • Edgar Ramírez, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
  • Finn Wittrock, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
  • Jeff Daniels, Godless
  • Brandon Victor Dixon, Jesus Christ Superstar Live In Concert
  • Michael Stuhlbarg, The Looming Tower
  • John Leguizamo, Waco
OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE
  • Adina Porter, American Horror Story: Cult
  • Penélope Cruz, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
  • Judith Light, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
  • Letitia Wright, Black Mirror: Black Museum
  • Merritt Wever, Godless
  • Sara Bareilles, Jesus Christ Superstar Live In Concert

daniels more than deserving there, really enjoyed his performance

I'm late to the party on this one, but it's no secret I hold Jeff Daniels in very high regard. A viciously underrated actor in my opinion.

Elevated it to next on the watchlist anyway. And also pleased Daniels won an award. He could quite easily have won one for The Looming Tower as well; another fantastic series he excelled in.

Really glad Merritt Wever got the award :thumbsup:.

Might have to watch the show again at some point....

Finally got around to starting this.

Excellent first two episodes. I can see it's going to be a slow burn, but I don't mind that as I know it's only 7 episodes and complete come the end.

Wow, what an absolutely fantastic mini-series. 9/10 from me.

Watched the final episode the other night. Tremendous finale and a beautiful way to wrap up the story. Daniels was brilliant, O'Connell was brilliant, and Dockery was brilliant. Plus Scoot McNairy and Merritt Weaver were great in support.

The final shootout was as good as anything I've seen before in a Western as well. The only criticism I have is at times it was a little too slow, but I can easily live with that really.

I wish there was more stuff like this, as it just goes to show that mini-series can work and we don't always need season after season of a show. A nice complete little story is just as enjoyable.

Wow, what an absolutely fantastic mini-series. 9/10 from me.

Watched the final episode the other night. Tremendous finale and a beautiful way to wrap up the story. Daniels was brilliant, O'Connell was brilliant, and Dockery was brilliant. Plus Scoot McNairy and Merritt Weaver were great in support.

The final shootout was as good as anything I've seen before in a Western as well. The only criticism I have is at times it was a little too slow, but I can easily live with that really.

I wish there was more stuff like this, as it just goes to show that mini-series can work and we don't always need season after season of a show. A nice complete little story is just as enjoyable.
And proof that you don't always need or want 13-22 episodes to tell a story and face that inevitable lull whilst waiting for it to pick up the reins.

We have only just discovered this and are 5/7 through it. Brilliant.

I love westerns and with three episodes down this is brilliant. Very cinematic and looks stunning in 4K. I've only had Netflix for two weeks now and this is the first series I've watched on it. Most enjoyable western series since Deadwood.

Just finished this last night and its one of the finest TV shows of recent years.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom