Godfather Trilogy

D

DanTheMan_77

Hey Guys,

I am after the Godfather trilogy. Any idea if it's better to buy the boxset or buy the discs individually. Packaging looks different. Looks like you get collectors cards with single discs. Does anyone know if the box set is packaged the same way once you get the slip case off. Also, what's the cheapest people have seen them for? I've found boxset for £25.99 and singles for £7.97 each.

Cheers

Dan

I bought the collection recently and bought the single collectors edition. I would say the packaging is a lot more better in the singles than the trilogy as it has family tree, postcards, booklets etc. in. The trilogy however have the three dvds in standard dvd packing covers, however there is a bonus dvd which i haven't seen so I would not know how good the fourth dvd is. You can pick up all three for 6.97 in music zone at the moment but you might wanna find out from others whether to buy the boxset for that bonus material or opt for the singles.

The 3 singles you can get at tescos 3 for £20 offer.

Hope this helps.

Crossy

This bonus DVD has a lot of deleted scenes and documentaries etc. so is definitely worth getting if you're a fan of the films.

However, I've heard the picture quality is better on the individual DVDs.

This has been discussed on here before so a search should find you more detail.

I got the boxset from CDwow a few months ago for £13 shipoped. Its long gone from their site now though.

Hey, does anyone know whether the picture quality is or isn't the same as from the Trilogy?

Cheers.

danjaq2004 said:
Hey, does anyone know whether the picture quality is or isn't the same as from the Trilogy?

Afaik they are the same.

Although the R1 has meant to have better quality than the R2.

Thans 'Tejstar'. Now I am on a mission to find it for a great price - looks like I'll be exhausting the online price comparison sites today!

Cheers.

Originally the trilogy came in cardboard keep cases, but now it seems to just be bog standard amary cases, i thought the cases looked far less ugly, and the box was smaller, so i would go for the singles.

If the single releases have no advantage in terms of visual quality etc compared to those in the trilogy boxset, the boxset is better value as it contains the bonus disc (if you are interested in extras that is).

Thanks - I too have read that - but it does compare 'R1' versions of the single to the 'R2' trilogy .... I wonder whether the single R1 & R2 singles can be considered the same for this comparison to ring true.

I bought the R2 singles recently and didn't have an issue with the PQ, though I haven't compared with the trilogy boxset.

Anyone got access to both variant to do a comparison?

WH Smiths have the said boxset for £22.50 in their half-price sale.

This would be a good idea and suprising someone has not made a comparison on the Godfather trilogy vs single versions (both Region 2).

I am pretty sure they are the same discs. This has been covered before I think....

Sure, I have heard this before, would be nice to have this confirmed and put to bed.

I think the only way to put this to bed is to buy both and compare unfortunately :(

Put it this way there is no reason they would be any different. People take this stuff WAY to serious :rolleyes:

I can confirm WH SMITHS are still doing the boxset for £22.50, which I got today in Falkirk.

Good price @ WH Smith. Didn' think I'd hear myself saying that!

'HarrisUK' - if you are a fan of a film, stands to reason you want the best you can get. Anyhow it is not to be presumed that is the same.

They are both Region 2, they both have the same features and sound track. It is to be presumed that they are the same. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise. It would appear than other than the packaging and the bonus disk the films are very much the same.

As I said before it would not make any sense to produce two different versions of the region 2 release, if anything when this does happen the improved version normally go in the boxset which they charge more money for.

I am happy to be proved wrong on this if anyone can provide evidence in quality between the single / boxset versions of the R" release.

Good to know. Those are lovely packaged sets in any event. I Wanst really bothered as I only Paid £13 for my Trillogy boxset shipped from CDwow when they had it on offer a while back. But good for other people think of buying the boxset moving forward.

I had the trilogy boxset when it wasnt the ugly amary case one, but sold it.

To be honest, I dont like the films, I find them boring, really really boring.

I am about the only person in the world who has this view, but i really didnt like any of them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom