1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Godfather...let me guess

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by VFRMan, Mar 23, 2005.

1. VFRMan

VFRMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    ...so James is visiting to complete the install, there is a 7LT on Henry's site from a customer that upgraded and the Electrohome Marquee 9500LC is sold.

Am I close :smashin:

( I was only £11k short of getting the 9500LC myself :D )

Cheers,
    Brian

2. crteaman

crteaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Darn it Brian, I knew you were some sort of "CRT CLOUSEAU" ;)
    Godfather's not back until 8.00 tomorrow evening,gavin and I are "converging" on his place for nine.....ah come on he's promised us lobster noodles for dinner,whats a man to do?
    Although I will have my hands full (of noodles) I plan on taking some colour filtered HD8 lenses with me,just to see what he thiks of them over the stock HD8's.
    I also aim to take my DVHS deck to see what he thinks of that,not sure how I'm going to find the time to do all of this but as they say where there's a will there's a way ;)
    My suggestion will probably be to pick one particular scene of Godfathers choosing and then pop the filtered's on do a quick convergence in a new memo bank that can be deleated afterwards,as the raster width will change somewhat.
    So rather than re-set the width coils (as is normally required with a lens change) I will just have to get a little aggressive with the convergence,just for the comparison at least.
    Oh yes of course its fan modded :) plus other toys,as hell boy would say "D WOIKS.

james

3. VFRMan

VFRMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    James you have the pot noodle urge :eek: the only antidote I know is colour filtered lenses, make sure Godfather chooses a suitable flesh tone scene from your stash of D-VHS tapes :devil:

"Oh yes of course its fan modded " that would be the mk2 version I presume.... :cool:

4. crteaman

crteaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Brian,Triumphantly I return,cream crackered...went to bed at 3.30am and woke up to finish off at 9.00,I think GODFATHER wants to sit and watch a few movies then make some posts.
    We managed to do a quick comparison with the colour filtered HD8's and had to clean the carpet when GODFATHER's jaw hit the floor...spilling half chewed noodles when we played godfather a dvhs tape of knights tale.
    Just like to thank Henry for his hospitality and five star hotel levels of service,and say a big thank you to my buddy gavin for his help,he is a star.

james