Godfather 2 Preview (UK release 7th April)

LiFo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if there is already a thread, i would normally show no interest in this title, and would persume it to be a cash in on the title. (never played the 1st one)

But i just read a review and it scored 9.5 / 10. I also don't pay much attention to reveiws, but the is no smoke with fire.

Could this be a sleeper hit. I'm in desperate need for a new game as things are thin on the ground atm.

PRESENTATION

The presentation in Godfather two really sets the mood for a mafia story. The game takes place exactly where the first one ended which makes it easier to follow and enjoy right from the start. The feeling you get when the opening cut scene starts is very immersive, because the intensity of the music followed by the voice acting really makes this game rival even the great Grand Theft Auto Series which is not easy to pull off, yet EA has managed to grasp such a presentation to the game that you will want to spend your time and money to become the DON.

GRAPHICS

The graphics in this game is simply amazing. The detail in the characters are so clean and crisp that you can see how accurate the facial features move along with the dialogue that’s spoken, it’s really incredible to see. The explosions in the game are no slouch either, you have a lot of people running around on screen, cars exploding, full screen Anti - Aliasing I mean this game is really beautiful to look at.

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay in this game has taken a serious overhaul from the previous version. The main thing that’s great about the gameplay is how much more responsive the controls feel now. On the Playstation 3 version you have sixaxis which in most games aren’t implemented properly, but in this game when you choke or throw some one against the wall you can actually use the sixaxis for this which adds to the realism significantly, this feature was a brilliant way to utilize the sixaxis control scheme. The Driving in the game is very easy to get used to and control and there’s nothing better than doing drive-byes in this game, oh the satisfaction.

The cover system works very well and quick but to add to that I would like to point out that when your behind cover you can still auto - aim without exposing yourself to enemy attacks. This was a genius idea, because now you can spot the enemy and pop up knowing that you have a clean shot at him. This game also features a cool 3D map which should be the new standard in games period. It’s very easy to follow during gameplay which helps add to the ease of progression throughout your missions. The frame-rate is solid the action is consistent and you have tons of weapons you can choose from which brings more fun to the game especially when you tap the R3 button (EXECUTIONS).

FEATURES

The features in this game will have you speechless hands down. The option to build your family and take that family online to compete with other families is incredible. You can recruit many people in your family all with different abilities such as Medics, Arsonist, and so much more. The way the game teaches you how to become the DON is also breathe taking, because every portion of the game it explains to you as you go how you should handle things, but you don’t have to follow them you can play your own way which comes with ups and downs. In this game there’s certain characters that you shouldn’t approach because of how powerful they are and if you’re not at a certain level yet and you decide to go after them they will come and crush you, your’ family, and your business so this game really brings it on home with the realness of the mob life.

SOUND

The sound in the game is great. As you play you and your characters engage in a conversation, the voice - acting is really superb, and the action from the guns and explosions and executions sounds really believable and you feel the pain and emotion the characters go through so yes the games sound is top notch.

Fun Factor

This game has so much to offer with story, online, and features that you would play it over again in single player and multi-player. The cover system works well, the action is intense, and the fact that you can choose what you want to say in certain parts of the games helps add to the fun, because you can really be yourself in all types of situations in the mob life.

Negatives

There’s nothing really bad about the game at all so go out and buy it. THANKS TO EA FOR MAKING A GREAT GAME AND A STRONG COMPETITOR AGAINST THE INFAMOUS GTA4.

REVIEW SCORE

BUY IT - Avaliable For The PS3 and XBOX360 April 7th 2009.

did a guy from EA write that review lol

I have been following Godfather II for some time now.. Going to pick it up next week for the single player although never played the first one. Multiplayer seems interesting based on the videos over at games trailers.

did a guy from EA write that review lol

I have been following Godfather II for some time now.. Going to pick it up next week for the single player although never played the first one. Multiplayer seems interesting based on the videos over at games trailers.

Oh, i'm pretty sure it's from joe public, hence i have not included the source :D, but why get so excited for no reason

Some of the wording doesn't sound right to me, where did you get it from? I've been wrong before though.

from here

hiphop gamer show.com

don't know who these people are.

the bloke looks like he gets games early from EA for review

Last edited:
the bloke looks like he gets games early from EA for review
Not to mention a payslip too judging by the review ;) Or he could have downloaded it

Might buy this meself, is there going to be a demo available at all? I enjoyed the first one I have to say, but I liked Mafia too.. infact I think I prefered Mafia to Godfather at the time.. Mafia II is on the horizon so may wait for that to weigh things up, not too sure about these resources in Godfather II.. I'm rubbish at RTS games.. ok ok more impatient than rubbish :p

OXM360 gave it 6/10

looks very good though, the first one was brilliant

Playr gave it 7/10.

Cant say I thought the graphics looked that good. The explosions were nice, but the textures look basic and bland.

I was interested originally but after watching the review, I dont think Im too fussed now.

I thought it looked pretty good to be fair, especially the driving. Need higher quality vids though.

yeah will need to wait for likes of games trailers review.. you tube clips of driving though doesn't seem to many cars on the streets lol was like a ghost town the clips I watched.

There wasn't as much traffic back then.

Eurogamer 4/10

Having had such a great run of form with new IP, this is a stark return to the EA of old, where a treasured licence is butchered irredeemably. Lacking both a challenge and soul, and failing to even engage on a narrative level, what you're left with is an overly forgiving shooter with weak strategy elements, which only serve to make it even easier for you. Having played right to the end, I wish there was something I could point to in its defence, but all I'm left with is the empty realisation that they've managed to somehow make this even less entertaining than the flawed original.

The Godfather II Review - Page 1 // None /// Eurogamer - Games Reviews, News and More

OXM360 gave it 6/10

looks very good though, the first one was brilliant

the first game was excellent, simple to play and really enjoyable.

Playr gave it 7/10.

Cant say I thought the graphics looked that good. The explosions were nice, but the textures look basic and bland.

I was interested originally but after watching the review, I dont think Im too fussed now.

some may like the game some may not, i loved the first one and i am hoping the second will be as good, the graphics were never an issue fr me as the gameplay was more important imo, the game seems to be getting decent reviews, they are not saying it's a GTA beater but hopefully it will be a decent game.

Mines just been shipped :clap: Hopefully get it tommorow, very impressed with shopto

please let us know what you think (sorta do your own review without spoilers please) :)

hm eurogramer has slightly worried me about this game..

Just as I thought. I thought the first one was alright alhough I never bought it personally, I played it round a mates.
This just doesnt look as good to me.

Who knows though, one man's good is another man's bad. :)

How you finding 50 cent game? waiting for it to come down in price.

As i heared from people playing on flashed consoles - the game is cool, it's something like ~gta series, but game have not the best graphic around... as they sayed: "just close your eyes on graphics and enjoy gameplay" :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom