Godfall

jjgreenwood

Slowly coming round to be interested in this. Not normally a hack and slash fan but it looks like it could be a 60fps title and seems like it could be fun.

sleepylaser

Slowly coming round to be interested in this. Not normally a hack and slash fan but it looks like it could be a 60fps title and seems like it could be fun.
This launch I am promising myself that I won’t be buying ‘filler’. This looks like the type of game I’d only buy to try and kid myself that the launch was anything other than thin.

Tolq

Am I the only one who thinks this looks like Kingdoms of Amalur with more generic combat? Hard pass from me.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Looked awful imo.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Looks boring and generic, no soul.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
Looks boring and generic, no soul.
Yeah, is it just a beat'em up? Or is there some puzzle/world traversal/rpg element? I know that would make more GoW comparisons, but would add a bit more interest to what I've seen so far..

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
Yeah, is it just a beat'em up? Or is there some puzzle/world traversal/rpg element? I know that would make more GoW comparisons, but would add a bit more interest to what I've seen so far..
It looks like all you do is go through generic environments and fight generic monsters and beings with generic moves and weapons. Got 5/10 written all over it imo.

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
That's probably the most unnecessary YouTube video for games I've ever seen. It was a worthless thirty seconds! If this turns out great I'd be flabbergasted.

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Graphically looks A LOT better than previously shown.
It does, and it seems like they’ve hired someone to produce a proper trailer too!

It looked decent enough when I was on the iPad but I just watched this on my 4K OLED and it really does look good :smashin:

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
It does, and it seems like they’ve hired someone to produce a proper trailer too!

It looked decent enough when I was on the iPad but I just watched this on my 4K OLED and it really does look good :smashin:
I think that trailer looks like it was produced using oled screens and some odd settings, it's almost black crushy with oversaturated colours, like it was using an odd preset. However, it did have more of an impact because of this. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like on Wednesday if they show it again.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
now that trailer did make it seem a lot better than the previous trailers did, gone from not interested at all to ok this might be something.

Cha1ky

They defo need to get a new video guy though, big text on screen 'Slay with Friends' then proceeds to show a guy on his own for the rest of the video.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
They need to show this trailer tonight, just watched it for the first time and it’s night and day compared to what was shown. Looks like they have upgraded colour palette big time.
Smooth play as well, this is now on my “pick up at later date” radar compared to ignore.

Cha1ky

They need to show this trailer tonight, just watched it for the first time and it’s night and day compared to what was shown. Looks like they have upgraded colour palette big time.
Smooth play as well, this is now on my “pick up at later date” radar compared to ignore.
I'd rather they didn't as its already out, would rather see stuff i've not seen.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I agree, I do want to see new content and/or in game content rather than cinematic, but I’d written this one off. The above trailer looks very good, a quick 3 mins in front of millions would help shift some units.

Cha1ky

I agree, I do want to see new content and/or in game content rather than cinematic, but I’d written this one off. The above trailer looks very good, a quick 3 mins in front of millions would help shift some units.
It could, but the video is there already now for people to see. The people watching the stream would have surely seen it already if they into watching streams. Spend that 3 minutes talking about a surprise instead :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Trending threads

Latest News

Linn upgrades Majik LP12 turntable with new tonearm
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
VPI announces new Prime 21 turntables
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Skyworth launches 8K Q71 TV
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 23rd September 2020