God!! you gotta help me choose and LCD.

Jed

Well it's now 2 months on and i am still no further on. In fact i would put me behind :(

I was thinking of getting a 32" Tosh or Sammy for my office/bedroom but have found other flaws in my Sammy 40" R74 which i have downstairs that is not that good with football.

I really watch a lot of Standard definition. including a lot of football.

I have found out that i cannot watch HD films off my Virgin + box via Component HD. I use the the HDMI cable for DVD and the Oppo 981 does not have any Component cables to swap them round.

So i am now thinking of selling the Sammy to be replaced by another 40" LCD which i don't know which to buy, then buy a cheaper 32" for the Office/bedroom.

SO i am particularly looking for mini reviews of forum users that have the same needs as me :D and hopefully with the same equipment as me.

Makes i like are Sony, Tosh, Panny and maybe another Sammy if good.
I don't want to go back to the Plasma as i have quite a bright house which is hard on the reflaction of the glass.

So come on please help me before i slit my throat as i am now getting fed up of looking for one.

Regards
Jed.

Mickle

I can heartily recommend the 32"WLT68. Colours, motion tracking, contrast and image stability are excellent as is the dtv picture and operation. The remote, however, is a bit unresponsive. My only regret buying this TV is that I didnt get a bigger one! :D As an alternative, you could even go for the 66 instead. That must be going for peanuts by now.

Jed

Thanks for that Mickle but first i have to get the 40" sorted :)

If i get a decent 40" i won't need such a big named 32 for upstairs. However i do quite like the 37" WLT68 but it's 3 " smaller than what i already have and i bet you notice downsizing.

Cheers
Jed.

IanSimmons

I know it' s not on your list, and I don't have one, but the Philips 37PF9731D/10 has been getting good reviews. I hear that it's oustanding with SD because of their Pixel Plus 3 HD and Clear LCD technology that tries to reduce motion blur. There are some issues - apprently although 'full HD' it won't accept a 1080p source, only 1080i - but just another one to throw in the mix. I only mention it because I have been following the usual suspects (Toshiba, Samsung, Sony W/V/X, Sharp etc.) and had overlooked this one.

Like you I have been looking for ages :rolleyes: but have been waiting for SD on LCD to get better (or at least not too far behind) our current 12-year old (!!!!) CRT, which still looks blinding with Freeview, and I don't like the 'look' of plasmas. I'm still looking.

Jed

Cheers Ian. Yes i am open to other makes.

I too still have a 28 " widescreen sony upstairs which has a fantastic picture for Football, but it's huge and takes up quater of the room, and i want to put an LCD on the wall.

Any links would be great to professinal reviews aswell as your own.

Jed.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom