1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

god of war

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by drskhaled, Jul 10, 2005.

1. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Woo hoo, blinding game, I have to keep reminding myself I'm not playing on my xbox, it looks too good for ps2.
    One thing worries me that it may be too short, ah well killer 7's out next week. :rotfl:

2. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399
    I gotta pick this up at some point, I have seen the videos, read the reviews, now I gotta complete the game :)

Let us know how it turns out as you progress through it :smashin:

tris

3. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    probably 60% through it, superb bosses - very imaginative way of dealing with them. Its got a pretty detailed combo system on a par with ninja gaiden i'd say. Not as hard as ninja gaiden though. You can tell the developers put alot of effort into the game as there arent any noticable niggles. Graphics are some of the best on ps2, almost xbox levels of detail. The sound effects and music are just as excellent.

4. monkeyspank

monkeyspank
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    What a game! I picked up a copy yesterday and I have to say it's just what i have been waiting for since I finished Ninja Gaiden.

The story, art, voice acting, everything about it is quality. It's so easy to start playing it and I get the feeling that it will be tricky to master, but extremely satisfying when you get it right.

The loading times are amazing! It actually feels like there isn't any loading at all, it's like playing a cartridge game. This is particularly impressive when you see the amount of detail in the graphics.

I played it as much as I could last night, I couldn't put the controller down.

5. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    finished the game recently, took me about 12hrs (more if you include the restarts etc). I've starte playing on the ultra hard mode now to try and unlock all the secrets. The standard game is much easier than ninja gaiden (tho you still die a few times till u perfect the techniques), but the hard mode (god mode) is insanely tough. You do half the normal damage dealt out but you take about 5x the damage!! But it is a testament to the games design that i am replaying this game, there are very few games that i replay these days.

6. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Very much looking forward to this. All the reviews I've read have pointed to a superbly crafted game. There haven't been too many good third-person action adventure games of late!

7. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    A playable demo of God of War is available with the new edition of the Official Playstation 2 magazine for those who want to try before you buy....

Also, I read in the same mag that they're doing a PSP version...Not sure if it's a straight port or a new game...But it's sure to push the PSP to it's limit !

No question about it - pure quality !

8. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I haven't bought the mag for months, but have to this month to try the demo!