• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

God of War: Ragnarok

lee667

Distinguished Member
Wasn't expecting this until 2022 given how long the last one took but I can't wait

Fe_man2000

Prominent Member
I am really looking forward to this, loved the last one but I will be amazed if they hit 2021. Happy but amazed. 3 years for a sequel to a game that took 5 years to make during a pandemic.... yeah maybe holiday 2021. hope so.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
1622653556718.png

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Not really surprised all they have shown so far was a title card, maybe they will show something next week at Summer Gamefest or Sony's own event.

Robothamster

Distinguished Member
Most non surprising news I've heard today :D

KennyNinja74

Distinguished Member
Thank god its been pushed, I've got too much to get through as it is...

A sidenote, both God of War and GT7 will be cross gen, my PS5 all of a sudden feels worthless.

Last edited:

FevreDream

Prominent Member
Not surprised it's been confirmed a 2022 game. Disappointing it's a PS4 game as well though, although again, not that surprised. Sony finding it hard to cut those PS4 apron strings.

One good thing. As it's now confirmed it isn't a PS5 only game it wont be £70 on PS5, same with Horizon 2. Right?

Last edited:

Ultrasonic

Prominent Member
A sidenote, both God of War and GT7 will be cross gen, my PS5 all of a sudden feels worthless.
Go back to playing everything on a PS4 and see how you feel then...

Leo31291

Distinguished Member
As soon as I finished God of War on the Ps4 pro I was prepared to wait a while for the sequel, fully fledged on next gen device. Does feel disappointing no matter how you dress it up but I guess the game was designed to play on a beefy PS4, not like they can change it last minute and build up from a base PS5. That'll be for the next one after this where we fight Odin :D

Ultrasonic

Prominent Member
The best PlayStation experience of the original GoW is on PS5 and I'm confident the same will be true of the sequel. If games ran identically on PS5 I'd understand the apparent frustration more but they don't.

mudshark

Distinguished Member
Think of the coin they will be missing out on if they didnt make it available to the gazzillion PS4 owners out there.

Caljo

Prominent Member

phillyd1

Prominent Member
There are no words about how excited I am for this. Why care about graphics to much "will look amazing" when your going back into this world with these characters and amazing gameplay.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom