God Of War 2 Higher Res Mode!

Thanks for that, I usually check Kotaku but haven't looked for a week or so. :smashin:

I tried it and couldn't get it to work. Either I'm too slow or it isn't supposed to work.

I tried it and couldn't get it to work. Either I'm too slow or it isn't supposed to work.

Apparently you have to plug in the usb charger,as wireless takes a few seconds to sort itself when the game first boots.Have you tried it with the cable?

Bloody Hell!, I used to know Tim Moss back when he wrote democode on the Atari ST lol. Small world.

<edit> Sorry that probably isn't interesting to anyone but me. <edit>

tried with the cable and without, cant get it to work. scea splash screen stays white.

anyone had any luck?

ok found out how its done from a helpful bod on the ign boards :)

It's very hard to do on the ps3 without using the USB cable...as SOON as the controller turns off...turn it back on and AS SOON AS ITS BACK ON, HOLD (Don't tap!) L1, L2, L3, [], and O at the same time..you'll know it worked if the legal info screen is bright purple text

orignally posted by Justin_Dailey here
http://boards.ign.com/ps3_general_board/b8267/140141559/p2/?36

i basically plugged in the usb cable and started the game. watch the led that bilnks for port1 - it will turn off while the ps3 switches to ps2 mode. straight away press the PS button and controller shud synch up. then immediately press and hold L1+L2+L3 and Square and Circle at the same time. keep it held down and the next splash screen shud be bright purple :) thats it!

game appears noticeably sharper than standard 480p prog scan on my Bravia.

nice :D

Nice one ktroopa!! I shall certainly be trying this once my copy arrives!!! :thumbsup:

Do you have to do this each time the game loads up?

Apparently you have to plug in the usb charger,as wireless takes a few seconds to sort itself when the game first boots.Have you tried it with the cable?

Yes I tried it with the cable but it looks like I wasn't fast enough.

ok found out how its done from a helpful bod on the ign boards :)

orignally posted by Justin_Dailey here
http://boards.ign.com/ps3_general_board/b8267/140141559/p2/?36

i basically plugged in the usb cable and started the game. watch the led that bilnks for port1 - it will turn off while the ps3 switches to ps2 mode. straight away press the PS button and controller shud synch up. then immediately press and hold L1+L2+L3 and Square and Circle at the same time. keep it held down and the next splash screen shud be bright purple :) thats it!

game appears noticeably sharper than standard 480p prog scan on my Bravia.

nice :D

Thanks for that. I will give that a go later.

Will this work on the PAL version? Maybe the reason it's release has been delayed here is that they are building it into the game? Even if it does work on the PS2 will it work on a PAL PS3 with software emulation?

Will this work on the PAL version? Maybe the reason it's release has been delayed here is that they are building it into the game? Even if it does work on the PS2 will it work on a PAL PS3 with software emulation?

I very much doubt it has been delayed because of this although it is quite possible there will be an option in the game so you don't need to go through this fiddly process. Regards compatibility with PS3's it will be compatible through the software emulation. I'm sure the PAL version will offer the same resolution options as the NTSC one.

there is a new video on game trailers showing it in hi-def (if you call call it that). I looks really good:thumbsup:

i hate developers that put things in like this that need activating every damm time you play it, why not just have the option within the game?, i bet half the people that buy it for PS3 won't even know about the HD mode unless they print in the manual or something, making it pointless rather than a bonus for the majority

Just put it in the PS3 and it will run 576p anyway. Never mind that 480p nonsense...

Already confirmed to work on PS3, so no big deal...

i hate developers that put things in like this that need activating every damm time you play it, why not just have the option within the game?, i bet half the people that buy it for PS3 won't even know about the HD mode unless they print in the manual or something, making it pointless rather than a bonus for the majority

And they have to put the option on the game, as not all PS2's are progressive scan capable, only the latter models have hardware prog scan in-built.

I just read that, but 576 is better right?
There is no progressive mode on the PAL version either!

oh dear just like GOW 1 sequel is stripped of prog scan :/

i went with NTSC for fear of this...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom