God of War 2 HD mode

_Belial

I've just tried this on my PS3 and it definitely works, looks superb. Doesnt give you a 720p mode but everything looks so much nicer.

gowhdinstructions.jpg

_Belial

tbh haven't noticed any drop in performance at all even with loads of baddies on screen. I just wish it'd save the option on the card or something instead of having to do it everytime i load the game (have to do it wired on ps3 as wireless doesnt synch quick enough).

smokedog

Can someone get a screen grab of this and the non-upscaled version?

Seeing as the PAL game doesn't have this option, I want to know what I'm missing out on.

jim_is_ere

JUST ordered the game :thumbsup: Sounds good that we can play the game in 576P!!

Been playing through God of War on my PS3 as I never has a PS2 - what a great game and I should have it finished in time for GOW2 :cool:

cheers

Jim

Master X

Ummm...can't you just force your PS2 to output progressive with the xploder HDTV disc? It's not really necessary to have a PS3 for this game.

mickus66

Ummm...can't you just force your PS2 to output progressive with the xploder HDTV disc? It's not really necessary to have a PS3 for this game.

..and watch it in 'window mode' ?

The best thing about the xpolder disk was the component cable & the tin it came in!

k03n

Are you playing this on an EU (emulation) ps3? How well does it play? Im considering this but i dont want to buy it if it sucks (not the game, playing on a ps3)

Intya

..and watch it in 'window mode' ?

The best thing about the xpolder disk was the component cable & the tin it came in!

It wasn't all bad, if you have a TV that could zoom the image then it was a very nifty bit of kit. Shadow of the Colossus looked good on my Samsung LE32, but it looked even crisper with the Xploder disc.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom