God of War 2 Crashing / Locking Up? Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by melonman, Apr 27, 2007.

1. melonman

melonman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ************Very Minor Spoilers Below. Not even spoilers really...**********

Is anyone else having any problems with God of War 2? I am finding my PS2 is locking up during the Prometheus / Typhon level.

After leaving the poor old guy, scaling the cliffs and entering the tunnel there is the chasm that you swing across to find the Phoenix Feather behind the little gate. Proceeding along this path there is a brief 'Loading' message as you turn a corner. Just after this point you first get to fight a couple of Medusa (sp?).

Initially I found that the game will freeze if I backtrack back across the chasm collect the green orbs near the entrance to the tunnel and then go back towards to the Medusa area. It would lock up at the corner where the 'loading' message appears.

Okay, okay - the easiest solution is not to backtrack to top up the green orbs after fighting the Medusa. But after Defeating Typhon and heading back to the start of the level I am finding the game is locking up on the way back too.

It could be my PS2 is on the way out but I have never had any problems with it before. I also find it a bit suspect that I can force the lock-up at exactly the same point by doing the backtracking thing...

I'll probably take it back to the shop tomorrow to see if a replacement works, but if anyone else is having problems here it would be good to know. It might be interesting to see if someone else can replicate the fault.

Cheers

Paul

2. Singh400

Singh400
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,370
    Did this today, no locking up on my end.

You might wanna spoiler some of your post.

3. MJR_UK

MJR_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    its because the dvd god of war 2 comes on is dual layer, one of the first ps2 games to come like this. Sometimes dust gets between the layers causing the game to freeze up.

I'd take it back to the shop and get a replacement

4. useless28

useless28
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    finished it today awesome game one of the best

5. PlexShaw

PlexShaw

Products Owned: