Goblin Direct - Gamecube

i have not used them before but have heard good reports from people who have.

and that is a great price he is offering at the moment, and is that a platinum cube i see :)

at least with the us cube you can get s-video if you want to route it through your amp.

And yes it will include a controller.

Splinter,

I personally have spent loadsa £££ with them and they are fine with good quality service.

I would say that they are very good for instock items, reasonable for outofstock items and reasonable for preorders.

I would say they are expensive compared to importing.

I would also say that their Postage is high.

Regards Jenz.

Cheers guys

Well I placed my order with them after getting your recommendations. Haven't owned a Nintendo since the SNES so i'm not quite sure what to expect, but i'm sure the new Mario will be up to those old standards.

I was thinking of buying s US Gamecube off them, but sent them an email enquiry to which I've never had a reply. Safe to say, they haven't had my business!

EffTee

got to say that the reason i have never used them is because he never replied to any of my mails, but he seems to send games out when ordered.

let us know how quick you get the kit.

Will do - This address seems to be the best to write to, [email protected]. I sent my question to the customer service address first and had no reply but with the former he replied in 10mins.

Goblin Games are a good bunch of people and are generally one of the best UK importers on price and range of product. They are however a small outlet (3 people) but do a huge amount of business. They don't currently have any auto-email or tracking facilty but they are in the process of upgrading these and taking on more members of staff in the near future. They are affiliated with:

http://www.ntsc-uk.com

which is a great all-round site. You can ask questions about orders and stock on the NTSC-UK forums if that is any help.

Personally, I import everything direct and haven't bought anything from a UK importer in a long long time.

Another great and long established UK importer is:

http://www.next-gen.co.uk

The owner posts regularly on these boards and goes by the name of "museumsteve".

Sweet ^_^ Website looks a tad rought but then it is under construction... Like mine which has been so for 2 years ^_^

museumsteve, I see you have a PS2 network adapter on the site.. I know this is off topic but I was just wondering... Do you think this adapter and the US HDD would work on a PAL PS2 (chipped)? I'm interested because I've got the Japanese FFX: International and it would be great to see it with HDD support.

If anyone knows please reply... Haven't got the cash to buy it yet but its the thought that counts ^_^

Always happy to send busines your way Steve ;).

Quick question for you - having recently acquired a Super Famicom again, I'm shocked at how stupidly short the Joypad cables are :rolleyes:. The US SNES Joypad cable were twice as long. I know you do a good range of retro stuff but have you ever come across some SNES joypad extension cables?

Also, I noticed you have Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters listed in your cat. Is this a conversion of the hugely enjoyable Turtles arcade game? I used to love that game and ploughed about £30 in to it one day to complete it from start to finish :). People were starting to get annoyed with me though as it took well over an hour to complete :D.

Soz to butt in but the Turtles Tournament Fighters is a 2D two player Vs game a-la Street Fighter. The SNES never had an arcade port of the original 4 player Turtles game but they do have an original Turtles game (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles : Turtles in Time) which is more enjoyable IMO. Mind you, that is if you're on about the original 4 player Turtles game... If not then I look a bit stupid >_<

Thanks Neo - I was indeed on about the 4 player Arcade - I loved that game and always played as Raphael - did any console get a port of that version?

The NES had a port since I bought it for £40 back in the day. Its a decent port... lots of flickering and smaller sprites with less animation. Plus the voices were kinda garbled much like the NES port of Smash TV ^_^

Don't know if the MD had a port or not but I'm quite sure the SNES didn't get one. Better off using MAME IMO.

I'm working on the site Neo..should be finished by the end of the month (famous last words.:D )
Network Adaptor will work on any machine with internal HDD bay, but can;t confirm about HDD as it comes with a utility disc that seems to be fussy about which machine can read it. Without the disk you cant set up the the HDD.
I use a network adaptor for Socom and there are no issues at all working over here on broadband.:)
Groundy, Neo's right about Turtles mate..best option is Mame if you don;t have a PCB set-up..
I've never seen a SFC joypad extension lead but may be worth a look at
www.videogameimports.com
for various pads etc. US pads worked on a Jpn machine as far as I know..

I can't remember if Lik-sang still has the SNES joypad extention on sale or not... But http://www.keene-electronics.co.uk/ has them on sale. Also since you've modded a GC component cable, I'm sure it can't be that hard to mod an existing SNES joypad cable as well.

As for the disk that comes with the HDD... Would you think a mod-chip is enough to fool it? Trouble is the HDD and disk is just out so hackers haven't had enough time to have a stab at it yet sadly. Sony have taking their time to announce european online plans and to make it a reality so a US HDD would be nice.

As for Turtles... I do remember an Amstrad CPC 464 port as well ^_^ But MAME is the best way IMO. If you've got an Xbox you can run MAME through that. Not sure about the status of the MAME emu for a PS2 as well... Try out the SNES Turtles in Time anyway since it was decent as side scroller fighters go.

Well my stuff arrived today - I ordered it around 5pm wednesday.

So I definitely recommend them to anyone, I sent another email off to them recently and got a swift reply. They're also doing factory refurbished Cubes for 109 quid now.

Back to Mario! (which is excellent by the way)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom