Go on, admit it, who else is watching this garbage!?

Reaction score
Mrs Indy has decided to watch this weird show where 10 year olds compete against hairy old Scottish women in order to win something.
Thing is, it's on for hours, and i'm told there will be fat blokes in Greek costumes dancing as well.
I really can't be doing with this so i've come down to my office to escape this torture.
Anyone else? :suicide:

it's on in the room, but I've got the forums and my 360 on standby

:clap:

EDIT: actually, I'm even going to go water the garden... Anything to get away.

All star Mr and Mrs at the moment though. Then more of the entertainment guru that is Simon Cowell.

Top Notch saturday night viewing. :rolleyes:

ah ever the sceptics. admittedly it has turned into an extension of x-factor with all the singing but some of it is actually quite impressive. The Greek dancing should even be enough to raise a smile on Bowfer's face :rotfl:

Did Diversity win it?

Damn it!
The gf is watching it now and i've been telling her all day there's no point in watching it as its fixed so that the hairy woman wins it.

After all that Hype Susan did not win it.

I am glad that a singer did not win as we have too many singers from X-factor. I bet she will still get singed up and produce an album like Andrew Johnstone and Fayl Smith has

The question is are Diversity better than George Sampson who won last year. I think George was still better than that other kid dancer, although I did like the his special video effects.

Hay, Remember the great summer of "Garbage" starts on Thursday. Big Brother is back. :boring: :devil:

Hay, Remember the great summer of "Garbage" starts on Thursday. Big Brother is back. :boring: :devil:

Excellent.
An extra hour a day of Xbox time :arty:

Never watched it, or x-factor, or any of those 'talent' shows.

I'd rather read a book, watch a movie, chop off my own head.

I generally hate reality TV shows like these but they do occasionally come up with world class talent.

Diversity and Leona Lewis spring to mind and there was some little kid who was pretty good last night as well.

The hairy bird really should only be on records and radio though!! Typical bloody Yanks to get over excited about her though, so bloody PC......

The hairy bird really should only be on records and radio though!! Typical bloody Yanks to get over excited about her though, so bloody PC......
or just more sheep across the pond just like all the other sheep here, getting over-excited, courtesy of YouTube and "and finally" news stories by some "heart-warming dream comes true" tearjerker of someone on Cowell, Who & Moron's Peforming Monkeys

absolutely nothing to do with bloody PC

Last night was the first time I'd seen any of BGT. Even then I wasn't paying full attention as I was washing up and doing kitchen chores! Didn't watch the results show, but having read about the winner, I can say the better performance won on the night.

Otherwise, for me, shows like BGT are utter tosh.

Needless to say it's front page 'news' on most the the tabloids this morning.

Yesterday I woke up to a 10 min segment on BBC news about the crying kid. Yes, with all that's going on in the world the people in the news department of the BBC thought it important to spend 10 mins of airtime discussing a kid that cried on a talent show. :rolleyes:

This really is a sad illustration of what society has become. A population of brain dead morons consuming mindless telly pap. Props to Cowell, he is the modern day P.T. Barnum running a freakshow to cater to a bunch of ignorant suckers.

Having witnessed something similar on a recent trip over to the States I think it has a lot to do with being PC, so lets agree to disagree ;)

or just more sheep across the pond just like all the other sheep here, getting over-excited, courtesy of YouTube and "and finally" news stories by some "heart-warming dream comes true" tearjerker of someone on Cowell, Who & Moron's Peforming Monkeys

absolutely nothing to do with bloody PC

so were in for a summer of people droneing on about about realality shows, hearing the same things weve heared a million times. if you dont like em, dont watch em.:rolleyes:

Having witnessed something similar on a recent trip over to the States I think it has a lot to do with being PC, so lets agree to disagree ;)
but that all rather depends on what your view and definition of bloody PC is ;)

You get some people here going on about Heath & Safety regs as "PC gone mad" ... annoying/unnecessary red tape it may be, but certainly nothing to do with PC

seems to have become a catch all term for loads of very different things

so were in for a summer of people droneing on about about realality shows, hearing the same things weve heared a million times. if you dont like em, dont watch em.:rolleyes:

I don't watch them - unfortunately I am inflicted with 'news' of every insignificant development on them in every paper I read or news programme I watch.

This really is a sad illustration of what society has become. A population of brain dead morons consuming mindless telly pap. Props to Cowell, he is the modern day P.T. Barnum running a freakshow to cater to a bunch of ignorant suckers.

"Misanthropy is a general dislike, distrust, or hatred of the human species or a disposition to dislike and/or distrust other people's silent consensus about reality. The word comes from the Greek words μίσος (misos, "hatred") and άνθρωπος ( anthrōpos, "man, human being"). A misanthrope is a person who dislikes or distrusts humanity as a general rule."

On the whole, I'd prefer the company of people of who relaxed and watched a popular TV show.

"Misanthropy is a general dislike, distrust, or hatred of the human species or a disposition to dislike and/or distrust other people's silent consensus about reality. The word comes from the Greek words μίσος (misos, "hatred") and άνθρωπος ( anthrōpos, "man, human being"). A misanthrope is a person who dislikes or distrusts humanity as a general rule."

On the whole, I'd prefer the company of people of who relaxed and watched a popular TV show.

Good for you. :rolleyes:

didn't even know what this thread was about until I read half of it. Needless to say I don't watch any of this crap. I'd rather clean the house than sit through it :)

That last bit seems like a pretty iffy definition of misanthropy. By that reasoning an atheist is a misanthrope. Could you tell me where you got it from?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom