• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Gmail Send As

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Hey,

I've got Gmail setup to collect mail from another (non-Gmail) account, and this other account is the default send as account. When I send email from within Gmail and on my Android, the other account appears as the address the recipient sees in the From field.

This is exactly what I want. However, when I add the Gmail account to my iPhone, recipients see the Gmail address in the From field when I send email from it. This is not what I want and I can't figure out how to change it.

Any ideas?

tubbs

hi,

I'm no expert but I was playing about with setting up emails on ios devices to do the same thing a few weeks ago. From what I gather its not possible at all using the built in mail program that ios uses, however it will work if you use the gmail app instead, so download that from the store and give it a try.

I don't use Gmail at the moment but on the browser based webmail there was settings for send as which I assume is what you already have done, so using the app should do the trick for you.

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Ah right, that makes sense. Android being Google, it obviously uses the 'proper' Gmail app... I can choose the From address on my Android, which defaults to the other account.

Thanks, will give it a go.

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Hmmm... when you use the app videos don't show as available for attaching. Also, when you open a photo or video and press the share button, Gmail is not an option.

Can you make the Gmail app the default and ignore the built-in mail app.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom