Quantcast

Gmail on Ipad

WozzaTT

Novice Member
Hi,

Just got my shiney new iPad 2 home and I can't set gmail up on it.

I go into Mail, choose Gmail, enter my email address and password (definitley correct) but it's saying one of them is wrong.

Any ideas? I set it up on my 4S with no issues.

TIA

Tenex

Novice Member
Depending on how you like to use gmail you might want to install Google's app it's a neat front end to all their services incl. gmail as of the last revision.

WozzaTT

Novice Member
Depending on how you like to use gmail you might want to install Google's app it's a neat front end to all their services incl. gmail as of the last revision.
Thanks. I've sorted the issue I had but will take a look at the Google app.

The Gmail app on the iphone is poor though.

Also, I've tried several times to reply to you on the ipad using both the AV Forums app and via the browser but it crashed ecah time and threw me out. Is this normal? Doesn't bode well. Reply sent from my trusty Windows laptop!

Tenex

Novice Member
The Gmail app is frankly crap - its simply calling the UI browser, whereas the Google app is actually well written and can access all apps.

Not sure why you're having such problems but I'd suggest shut down and restart as a last resort.

WozzaTT

Novice Member
The Gmail app is frankly crap - its simply calling the UI browser, whereas the Google app is actually well written and can access all apps.

Not sure why you're having such problems but I'd suggest shut down and restart as a last resort.
It's a strange one - only happens on the AV Forum.

Thanks for your help - will check out the Google Search app.

[email protected]

Happens on lots of forums, but also other sites too. Simply safari being crap. Tried another browser and got the same issues too.

Let's hope a new fix is applied soon.

bpsmith

Happens on lots of forums, but also other sites too. Simply safari being crap. Tried another browser and got the same issues too.

Let's hope a new fix is applied soon.
That makes no sense!

How can you say simply safari being crap, when you tried another browser and same happens!?!

[email protected]

Safari is crap because it crashes all the time, tried other browser to alleviate the issue and the same thing happens.

This is likely to be because the all use the same webkit sources. Unfortunately it doesn't change the fact that safari crashes all the time, it's still crap because of this.

WozzaTT

Novice Member
Is there any way to get full Gmail functionality on the iPad ie the ability to create labels etc?

tvbox

I think the Native mail app can now create folders- go to mailboxes and edit then create new folder.

The mobile version on safari is hopeless but you can use the desktop version... Fiddly but works well if you need to change settings.