• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Gloves recommendations

balidey

Distinguished Member
I'm a fan of Karrimor gloves from Sports Direct.
I have loads of pairs stashed in various coat pockets.
Usually a pair of thin 'running' gloves when it gets a little bit nippy.
Then some fleece ones for when its a bit colder.
Then some weather proof ones.
The thin ones can be worn inside the others if it gets really cold.
Best bit is, they are about 4 quid a pair for the liner ones and no more than a tenner, usually less for the others, so I'm not worried about them wearing out.

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Depends on what you want them for, but if you want the best and don't mind paying, Hestra are the best IMO.

Otherwise, it has to be sealskinz (IMO).

snaithg

+1 You can't go wrong with sealskinz

Luckily for you, Sealskinz Mens winter gloves are currently half price. (£20 down from £40)

http://www.sealskinz.com/UK/winter-gloves

It looks as though you can get an extra 10% discount if you sign up for their Newsletter whilst ordering. I had a "Pop Up" appear with this information when browsing their site just now.

Graham.

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
I tried on a pair of Dunhill leather gloves the other day in Canary Wharf.

They were lined with rabbit fur and felt amazing. Then I looked at the price……£400!

I would probably leave them on the train as well!

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I'm a fan of Karrimor gloves from Sports Direct.
I have loads of pairs stashed in various coat pockets.
Usually a pair of thin 'running' gloves when it gets a little bit nippy.
Then some fleece ones for when its a bit colder.
Then some weather proof ones.
The thin ones can be worn inside the others if it gets really cold.
Best bit is, they are about 4 quid a pair for the liner ones and no more than a tenner, usually less for the others, so I'm not worried about them wearing out.

I went into SD to grab a pair and their Thermal ones with the rubber on the fingers the L/XL were a tad tight around the fingers but it was the largest size they had.

Fleece ones the hand fit on the L ones was great but the bit that goes around the wrist was WAY too tight, I tried the XL ones and whilst the wrist bit was a lot better the hand fit was way too big and none of their other gloves took my fancy.

Hard time trying to get a pair of damn gloves, its just as bad as trying to get a pair of bloody shoes as when it comes to the shoes NOBODY does anything other than rectangle ones that are too damn narrow and nowhere near wide enough.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom