Glossy Black 42" Plasma sub £2000 any ideas?

bazza2000

Standard Member
Hi,

I'm in the market for a sub £2000 42" plasma, however, the wife has only agreed to let me have a plasma if I get a "glossy black" one. That's wimmin for ya!!!
Now I've looked at the Pioneer 436SXE which is a great set but not a patch on the Panasonic PX600's, however, Panasonic is Silver :suicide:

I've noticed a few of the other Panasonics look black from the website but is it glossy black?, I haven't been able to see anything in the shops. I've also noticed that the new Samsung's have glossy black but they don't appear to get any good writeup's. I think I could possibly persuade her if it was matt black, so any good advice would be great.

Can someone please help me I'm going nuts. Anyone got a good sub £2000 glossy black 42" plasma which is worth the money?

Thanks,

Bazza.

D

deanandsara

go for the bravia sonys its lcd but available in glossy black

GrahamMG

A Fujitsu P42HTA51ES can be supplied in piano black if you get your dealer to order one via their Fujitsu sales rep as a special order. You can get a deal on the screen plus speakers and stand (or wall bracket) for under £2k msrp.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
The Samsung PS42Q7HD is glossy black. (£1,150)

Very nice looking tv, i'm looking into getting it myself, just waiting for local store to get into stock, then off to JL for them to match it.

bazza2000

Standard Member
Thanks for all the responses, I think I'm sold on the LG 42PC1D, and the wife seems pretty happy!! Only thing I need to do now is find one in a shop to make sure I like it IRL!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom