Glory: Sony Pictures. Region Free?

Axel40

Ex Member
Reaction score
It's out on the 2nd June and I want to order but the problem is the usual, will it be region free?

Anyone know what Sony's recent releases have been like in that regard please?

Obviously I'm talking about the Blu here:)

Last edited:
All their back catalogue titles have been region free of late.

In a shop... :rotfl:

All their back catalogue titles have been region free of late.

Great.
I know the 'majority' have been region free but that's what I needed to hear.

It's out in the UK on/around 27th July but I think I'll take a chance and hope for the best:)

Which one?

:confused:
Bri

Hi Bri,

I did have a multi region Pioneer 71 on order from ...

BLURAY UPGRADES (UK) Blu-ray Upgrades Multiregion Modifications http://www.cinema-shop.co.uk/blurayupgrades.htm

BUT, unfortunately the hardware/software components that were needed to modify this - at that time - newly launched machine were taking ages to arrive and eventually I just canceled and got a refund. I only have 2 region A Blu Rays and so it wasn't a great hardship to fall back to Region B Blu Ray ... must get around to selling those 2 Region A Blu copies of ' Dinosaur ' and 'Kingdom of Heaven ' which I now have as Region B Blu Ray copies.

You can get Hardware Modified Multi Region Machines off the shelf from Blueray Upgrades, as above, and there are other similar dealers who do the same sort of Modifications but I think that its likely to be quite a long time before you can buy a Blu Ray DVD multi-region out of the box from, say, Richer Sounds. My Pioneer 51 Blu Ray player isn't even Standard DVD multi out of the box and would have to be software mod-ed with a remote control that I would have to buy and haven't bothered with since I don't have very many American Standard DVD s that demand the software modification.

I've just had a quick look at My Files :rolleyes: and here's another Dealer ...

Bluraymods.com - Home

Whilst I was researching the possibility of buying a Hardware Mod-ed Blu Ray Multi-region Player I did form the impression that the Blu Ray Moding business was pretty much a cottage industry with all of the risks implicit in that if you ever needed customer support.

Arnold.

I'm waiting for a multi region player which I can buy in a local shop.
local_shop.jpg

?

:D

I think they can only be had online currently (certainly not local to me) , however there's always the HTPC route to region free goodness :smashin:

local_shop.jpg

?

I think they can only be had online currently (certainly not local to me) , however there's always the HTPC route to region free goodness :smashin:

Do you have the DVD of the first series of League Of Gentlemen? On the startup screen it asks if you're local. If you answer no it stops the DVD.

Bri

Do you have the DVD of the first series of League Of Gentlemen? On the startup screen it asks if you're local. If you answer no it stops the DVD.

Bri
Yep :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom