• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Global T140 problem?

millerr4

Standard Member
Hi all

I have been trying to set up my sky distubution system, sky+ box, sky HD box through a SP4C and a T140, but I have been having difficulties. First of all I could not get the t140 powered through the sp4c. I traced this to the rf2 output of the HD box only being 4.5volts not 9. Got this sorted and now the t140 and sp4c both power up fine and I get a picture to all four tv sets, however I can't get any magic eyes to power I'm getting 12 volts from both boxes and 12 volts from the sp4c to the t140 but I'm only getting 3.3 volts on the four outputs of the t140, will getting a power supply for the t140 or sp4c sort this or is it some sort of component failure. Any help would be great

thanks Bob

MartinPickering

Prominent Member
What I meant was, the cause is one of those you listed. Either it's faulty OR it needs a PSU. Unfortunately, there's only one way to find out.

millerr4

Standard Member
Problem now solved I traced it back to my HD box although it was puting out 9v and powering up the magic eyes I could not control the box from them. Removed 1TB HD, Called out sky engineer, new box and it's all working.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom