Glitched into COD 4 Beta? Be warned, MS is banning

I am no differnt to any one else, Just saying if they ban me for 24 hours I have to say fair play you got me, just hoping it's not Friday what with Medal of Honor coming out :)

for what though, exposing a flaw in their game

I agree, bet you my left nut microsoft wont do anything. Its not like weve tampered with a game, they did it not us. we just found it, thats all, kind of like a loophole if thats the right word to use.

So many things could happen if they ban us, give there company a bad name, some rich kid will try to sue them etc, its not worth the hassle. Theyve but the price up to 9,999 wotever it is, to stop anyone else doin it and thats all theyle do.

If ya can't do the time, don't do the crime :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

No, for getting something I know damn well I am not meant to have.

How do you know ;)

as i have said before.....quote

Guys it could all be hype and we have all fallen for it.

1.. how come it was so easy to get ?

2..the banning rumor ?

fantastic marketing i think

P's i do think Elvis works in a chip shop in Blackpool with Diana though :D

anyway, LIVE works out to be about £0.10 per day for us.so if M/S ban the 23000 of us who have this Beta this would net them £2300 :nono:
hmmm 23,000 defecting to sony cant see it :smashin:

I was playing a yank and he told me he has a month's ban from MS for this! He won't get back on live until 5th October

cant believe you listen to such drivel and believe it:suicide:

I was playing a yank and he told me he has a month's ban from MS for this! He won't get back on live until 5th October!

Now thats clever playing and banned at the same time :rolleyes:

Gotta love the yanks! :D

Would it be a good idea to delete the demo just incase the crack down on this

it's your call mate :)

i won't be deleting it , it's payback for the fiasco we had when COD2 came out :devil:

how many of you remember how poor the servers were then ?Marble madness anyone ? :D

Ok now here's somemore news

Quote:
Apparently, Microsoft has temporarily locked out 23,000 thousands LIVE users who took advantage of a now resolved exploit in Call of Duty 4 beta. The exploit allowed participants to sign in on a different machine, use their beta token and download the beta again. Game site Xbox-Scene has a memo from an "internal Microsoft source" who details what's gone down:

The current POR is to issue a 24-hour console lockout that will prevent these 23k users from using their consoles to sign in to LIVE. These users will also receive a message in the dash with an explanation as to why their console has been locked out for 24 hours for violating the LIVE TOU and a warning that more severe actions may be taken if they attempt a similar action in the future (console could be banned permanently, etc.). Again, this is not a permanent console ban - It's more of a "slap on the wrist" and a warning to these 23k users who used this exploit

Quote from Max Console

now this is the first i've heard of this and that months ban stuff is a load of tosh
Anyway if its true i'll be back on it soon i've preordered COD4 from game

it's your call mate :)

i won't be deleting it , it's payback for the fiasco we had when COD2 came out :devil:

how many of you remember how poor the servers were then ?Marble madness anyone ? :D

Jeez almost forgot :mad:

COD 2 was hell online for the first few months, lagged non stop. So much so that I sold it, and then bought it again (Online got sorted) :smashin:

Think the only game I played online with relatively low lag near the 360 launch was PGR3.

And there's no way I'm going to delete the beta, I really can't see MS going through with banning 23k users just for this. And evfen if they do, it's only a 24 hour ban, I'll have my Euro beta key in the morning :devil:

I think lots of these sites are putting up these "Reports" as a way for their site to get more hits.

he's got you there Dunks :rotfl:

i think dunks was just trying to wind me up , he will get his comeuppance in COD 2
:D

Now thats clever playing and banned at the same time :rolleyes:

Gotta love the yanks! :D

Through the xboxlive.com message system, touche!:D

Always treat my afternoon posts with a pinch of salt - letting steam off at work!!!:rolleyes:

Does anyone want to join my clan for cod4?
We have 4 of us atm decent skill i would say :D
Not came up with a name just yet but we will be kicking some ass
Send me a msg on xboxlive if would like to join

There is no banning going on yet...

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/09/06/xbox-live-bans-and-you.aspx

I’ve seen a few stories circulating today about a huge Xbox LIVE banning related to the COD4 beta. I went and chatted with the ban hammer folks, and confirmed what I suspected: We did NOT ban tens of thousands of folks yesterday as some are reporting. As many of you know we do sometimes have to take action against accounts and consoles that violate the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use. Although we’re really impressed with the excitement around the Call of Duty 4 multiplayer beta, I do want to take this moment to point out that that the steps I’ve been reading about that some people have been trying to take to get in on the beta without their own token could very well violate our Terms of Use.

Remember that sharing accounts isn’t just a violation of the terms, which could get you banned, it’s actually not a good thing to do in general. People can get details about you or content from you, or try to take action against you when you do something like that. It is your responsibility to keep your account information safe. Regarding the COD4 beta, the best advice I can give in a situation like this is try and be patient. We know you all want to play, and we think that’s great, but if you break the rules, you can be banned.

I hope this clears things up.

"We know you all want to play, and we think that’s great, but if you break the rules, you can be banned.

I hope this clears things up."

Doesn't clear up crap for me. Might not be banned now but still clueless whether this will result in a ban tomorrow

No one is getting banned at all as a result of this glitch.

In fact, he says doing it is not even against the rules. (I have a feeling it might be soon though.)

Got my Game clearance code through today and have applied for my Beta token for the UK/Ireland Beta. :)

Got my Game clearance code through today and have applied for my Beta token for the UK/Ireland Beta.

Me too, maybe we'll have a game CAS as I haven't spoken to you for ages :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom