Gliding shots - from the ground and air

ksten

Novice Member
It was a friend's belated birthday celebration over the weekend. We ended up going to Wyvern Gliding Club for a couple of trips in their two-seater gliders. Took a few shots when I was there but they're just snaps really. Thought I'd share them anyway:

Ready to Go

Naomi Climbinb In

Cable Launch

Air Cadets Glider

Look, No Hands!

The View

The flights were quite short as there were no thermals around but it was an excellent afternoon and everyone had a great time. Full set here.

Cheers.

denno75uk

Oh yeah. Just snaps. Pretty solid for 'just snaps'.;)

The first one in particular is a good composition and the ones from the cockpit have come out really well.

stevegreen

A set of nicely exposed shots, love the way the chap is pointing up in #1 and the wide-angle view of the glider is great, as is the shot of the cable launch thing.

Zone

Envious, I used to do Paragliding many moons ago at Rufforth near York, the weather conditions were rarely favourable to go up much to my annoyance especially as next door was the gliding school and they were always up :rolleyes:
Wish I had the spare cash nowadays to take it up again I think I'd go the Glider route :)

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Great shots, but you would never get me up in one of those!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom