Glastonbury in UHD

John

LG B7 too on the iPlayer app
Arc to receiver was fine too, with the crowd in the surrounds

dion 6

Interesting. I was getting arc from bbc1, but as soon as I fired up iPlayer the sound disappeared.
Will have another fiddle tonight
I used the iplayer app on my panasonic gz950 and got the audio back to my avr via arc. Iplayer only broadcasts in 2 channel so I unmixed the sound through my avr pictures quality is excellent

trevdigital

Yes, it’s a proper 5.1 downmix with a properly “folded” in .1 LFE track which is not easy to do. Good to see that there are still BBC sound engineers who care about their product. The UHD/HLG presentation is spot on too.

trevdigital

How do I unmix the 2.0 .
You’ll need an AV amp or Soundbar that has a Dolby Surround setting. If you have and older amp it might be labelled Dolby Pro Logic or Dolby Prologic II

trevdigital

Pioneer sclx701, been just selecting stereo on the remote
Excellent I’ve got an LX901. Use the SURR button on the remote and press until you get Dolby Surround in the info box bottom right.

Stoke192

Distinguished Member
Trying to watch the uhd stream via iplayer and it doesn't appear to be working, LG C7 and also a CX, is it just me or are there issues with it ?
Thanks

John

No uhd stream for PM?
I think it was there for the live broadcast, but I am watching on catch up . But that looks and sounds epic
Jesus it's like bandaid, although they probably just said 'yes' and didn't need geldof playing the off against each other

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
Just sat down to watch McCartney at Glastonbury and it's nowhere to be seen in iPlayer?

John

I only made it to 0100 on delay. Was hoping to catch the encore today, but can't find it

I have read on twitter he declined a live 4k broadcast. Maybe he denied iplayer too
"You want to watch me, you have to watch me" I guess

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom