1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glastonbury 2002 - Hit or Miss?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by gringottsdirect, Jun 30, 2002.

1. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Setting aside Greg Dyke's pants, has the early spirit of Pilton's finest crashed and burned into an anodyne corporate irrelevance, or is Rod Stewart topping the bill, with no mosh divin' metallers still worthwhile. Don't sit on the fence.

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Caught some of it on BBC Choice. Starsailor and Coldplay were the only ones I was interested in out of the various acts that played while I had it on. Starsailor were alright, but Coldplay sounded awful - they seemed to have trouble keeping the tempo!

My mate's gone this weekend so I'll get the full lowdown on what it was really like when he gets back, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem to have the usual Glastonbury vibe this year....

So far.... MISS :rolleyes:

Hey, at least the Beeb are showing it in widescreen though :D

3. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,021
    I caught some over the weekend - seems to have more "dad" music on the bill every year.
    Had I been there, the only thing I'd have gone out of my way to see would be Techno Animal in the dance tent on Saturday afternoon at 3.30. But I wasn't, so I didn't.

People like The Strokes, White Lines (is that their name? The bro/sis combo that also played the MTV movie awards?) and all that rubbish are far from the saviours of modern music that I keep hearing them being called. Same with Muse, another of the critics darlings.

Although, as of this year (having turned 30), I'm now too old for my opinion to count anyway. Anyone seen my pipe and slippers?:D

4. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Although, as of this year (having turned 30), I'm now too old for my opinion to count anyway"

Yep, you're not wrong. Don't know about you but ever since I turned 30 my radio doesn't even pick Radio 1 up anymore :)

As for Glasto... what I saw on BBC2 was the usual predictable singles from the bigger bands and whiney, tinny acoustic solo performances from lead singers of lesser, more 'hip' acts.

Mind you, I'm glad I saw Gwen Steffani (No Doubt) strutting her stuff... even if I did have to turn the sound off.

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    :D Me too.
    Queens of The Stone Age what bits I saw, Dave Grohl ace.