1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glass stands show all the cables underneath????

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by zedzed, Sep 7, 2004.

1. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi all,

About to make my first plasma purchase - and the Mrs. wants to get a fancy glass table to put it on (atacam, or stands-unique sorta thing). Thing is - there are lots of cables going to be kicking around (Sony DAVS550, telewest box, xbox, speaker cable etc.) - and I'm worried that I'll be able to see it all through the glass table!

Anyone had any experience on this? How did you hide all the cables?

ZedZed

p.s. Pictures would be nice if you have them :thumbsup:

2. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not quite sure what you mean: surely all the cables will be at the back and will obscured by your gear? I bought a lovely (if expensive) Stands Unique stand (I deleted the pictures, but will be uploading new ones for insurance purposes). It has clear glass but I don't think having opaque glass would make a difference - there's still a mass of cables behind the unit.

3. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Cable ties and that rap around cable tidy stuff. (B&Q) Looks like one big electrical cable when your finished. Helps to keep the power cables seperate from the interconnects and speaker cable. But in agreement with SansSouci most of it should be covered by your equipment.

4. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks for the replies. I guess I didn't really explain very well what I meant! Currently most of the cables for my system end up being tucked under the bottom shelf of the unit (e.g. excess speaker cables etc.) So if I do the same what you're saying is that since I'll have kit on the shelf that it will cover most of it. Which is good! :)

ZedZed

5. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,832
    No one will be looking at the cables , with a plasma sat on top the stand :thumbsup: :D

6. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PC World do some neat velcro cable ties and as Knighshade says, you can get the cable tidy too. Best get that in Woolworths - it's much cheaper, but identicle to that advertised in catalogues.

7. philinman

philinman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4