1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glass Shelf Supports

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by TommyT, Oct 24, 2005.

1. TommyT

TommyT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am looking for glass shelf supports that will take the weight of 6 to 8 mm glass and AV equipment in top of that.

The type I have seen (from Standsunique) http://www.standsunique.com/pureperformance.html
    are carbon and very nice but a bit too expensive for me as I need 12 (hence the reason for not buying a stand itself)

I have looked at ordinary glass shelving supports but the all appear to be very plastic looking and I worry they will not be able to support any real weight.

Any pointers in the correct direction are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Tommy

2. bri.s

bri.s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi, I was looking for a glass shelf to put my freeview box on and was also a bit surprised at the price of the custom made ones but after a trip to my local B&Q I found a really nice one for £25. It was secured by a wire type setup that by finding at least one point in the wall being a stud partion to fix into it is really secure. It is only 600mm though so it may not suit your equipment if they are bigger than this, but you could look at the way it is secured and buy a similar wire set up.

3. TommyT

TommyT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Bri.s

Will check it out perhaps. been looking in ikea and suchs too for something similar..wife won't let me put any holes in the wall though..so have to be freestanding.

Thanks for the info though again.

Tommy