Glass mountain

underdog

Nikon D40
1/1600s at F/5.3
ISO 400
155mm

Hello this is my first go at the photo competion. I've not had my camera long, still trying to figure out what all the buttons do :)

I have used photoshop to clean some bird poo off the roof, and replaced the sky with one from another shot taken soon after at the same time and place.

Any comments welcome as I still have a lot to learn.

Attachments

• GlassMountain.jpg
    GlassMountain.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 237

bodoman

Distinguished Member
Excellent shot and nicely on theme, well done:smashin:

Not a criticsm as its a good photo in its own right, but it would have been even better if it was possible to have taken the shot from above the guy looking down on him

bodoman

Distinguished Member
This is an excellent composition. I like the blues and the fact that the guy is only in the upper 1/3 of the shot. I disagree with bodoman - sorry! - I think it is perfect as it is.

No need to be sorry Simon, i respect your opinion:)

Tobers

Wow! What a cracking shot :clap:

There's lots of different ways to compose a pic like this but there's real impact with the way you've done it. Top stuff.

V

vulkan75

Excellent.:thumbsup: This wold have fit last months theme too.

good job and ditto the above.

underdog

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Sorry bodoman I couldn't have got any higher up without a helicopter/jetpack! The building in the pic is the Sage in Gateshead.

I have found the competion a good motivator go out and take some photos, it's strange when first bought my D40 I couldn't think of what to photograph.

SweetGirl

Great shot and spot on theme. Great colours on this entry.

What a brave man :eek: I wouldn't do it for all the money.

>Jaz<

Lovely photo :thumbsup:

My uncle used to do this, but vertically, and on Canary Wharf, the one that I thinks the biggest in the UK. :rotfl: Now he works on oil rigs!

Anyway - good job :)

bodoman

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Sorry bodoman I couldn't have got any higher up without a helicopter/jetpack! The building in the pic is the Sage in Gateshead.

I have found the competion a good motivator go out and take some photos, it's strange when first bought my D40 I couldn't think of what to photograph.

A true professional would have got a piggy back ride on the absailer to the top:devil:

Actually you make a very valid point about about the comp, we buy a camera then cant think of anything to photograph, except holiday locations and family
events etc, you are right it does give you the incentive to take photos we would not normally think off.

tony79

good capture. Last time i was down the quayside i saw the blokes cleaning it and thought it would make a great pic. well done. suppose you cound get uo a height if you go on the observation deck in the baltic though nice zoom lens would be needed.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom