Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Glass lenses 801

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ispra, Feb 6, 2005.

1. ispra

ispra
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my 801s DATA running in 1074 x768 mode and I'm delighted with th resuts. Presumaby am going to be even more impressed with a genuine HD instead of the scaled up DVD source.

As one becomes rather fanatical about improving what is already pretty damn good, I am looking for a set of glass lenses to the replace the plastic ones fitted. I can detect some basic chromatic aberrations in the current image and I guess glass is bound to be better optically??

Cheers

P.S. one last question if somebody could answer it for me: is port 3 better than port 5 in terms of image quality? I have seen comments to this effect and wondered if any forum members have experience of this.

2. tonymotty

tonymotty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi..i have a set of Hd8 lenses off a Bg808s looking for a good home....in mint condition as far as i remember..asking£200 the set.Tony....ps would be happy to let you try them if you are not too far away...where are you?

3. ispra

ispra
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Tony, I would very much like to try these the only problem is my location (Italy) however I shall be in the UK in March.

How heavy are the lenses (for shipping) and they will they fit on a 801S ?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Peter

4. tonymotty

tonymotty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The hd8 lenses were i believe a standard fit on 801s and weigh about 30 lbs in total.(15kg) Tony

5. tonymotty

tonymotty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and i have heard that port 3 is sharper but needs a special cable making up...would love to try it but do not fancy spending £80 if no improvement on port 5.

6. ispra

ispra
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - I'll take them - though I will need to work out how to ship them. Will get back to you.

7. tonymotty

tonymotty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi...i have weighed them...on bathroom scales..4.3kg each so 15kg covers it...Delivery by euro48 , signed for on delivery is £63.50 with £150 insurance or £73.50 with £200 insurance...not sure what that is in euros...Tony