Glass affect on HD movies

thepharcyde

Novice Member
:thumbsup:One last issue! HD movies are now playing as smooth as I think its going to get but after wiping all dvd software…….movies look awesome but for moving objects should it be a person/car etc there is a glass halo affect around it and the edge of the screen. Any ideas?

I now just have CoreAV on trial, and FFDShow for the audio and Windows Media Player Classic. Tried the various Overlay, VMR7/9 etc.

Any ideas?

:thumbsup:

thepharcyde

Novice Member
Yeah turned it down on TV. Is there a sharpness setting in the ATI CCC as well? Cannot remember off hand as i'm at work to have a play again!

Thank you for the suggestion :smashin:

Stephen Neal

Distinguished Member
Don't think CCC has any sharpness setting... When you say "glass halo" - can you be a bit more descriptive. Is it a bright or dark edge, repeated picture information, semi-transparent double-imaging etc.?

thepharcyde

Novice Member
Hello, thank your for the reply.

It's just a bright halo, as if the image is doubling up or something. It is only on the centered image. Its like a pixalated edge to object in question :)

Stephen Neal

Distinguished Member
It isn't the image breaking up into vertical lines on movement is it? That is caused by de-interlacing not happening correctly.

thepharcyde

Novice Member
It isn't the image breaking up into vertical lines on movement is it? That is caused by de-interlacing not happening correctly.
It could be tearing, but I have V-Sync turned on permenantly. But its only around centred objects and not the whole picture

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom