• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Glasgow - some help re* xbox360 , netgear DG834Gv5 and zone alarm

paulmcp2403

xbox360 , netgear DG834Gv5 and zone alarm

Folks for 12 months I have been trying to get these three to work together but to no avail. To be honest it is driving me mad :eek::eek:

I am being serous when I say I have taken days off work (holiday) and I am getting nowhere. Tried configuring router...port opening /enabling etc....but the damned PC wont see the xbox and vice versa....Bloomin xbox360 sees the internet and can connect with no issues :D and vice versa with PC ...arrggghhhhhh Moreoveor my router can see my xbox360 (ip address is showing) :thumbsup:

I think its zone alarms ! I have enable ports on it and IP address etc but to no avail !!!!

Big question ....can some kind hearted forumite based in Glasgow please help !!!?!?!?!! :thumbsup:

Frankie 7

Novice Member
When you say you have opened a port, Do you mean on your firewall? When you get the error message there are hints & Tips and it tells you which ports to open. Have you tried that, Opening a port on your firewall?

It'll most likely be your firewall that is stopping this. I had to do that but i use MacAfee Security Suite.

paulmcp2403

When you say you have opened a port, Do you mean on your firewall? When you get the error message there are hints & Tips and it tells you which ports to open. Have you tried that, Opening a port on your firewall?

It'll most likely be your firewall that is stopping this. I had to do that but i use MacAfee Security Suite.

yes tried that - follow MS instructions to the tee.....nothing....my xbox can access the internet and so cna my pc but they cannot see each other...

when I open my router it clealry sees my xbox360 (as the ip address shows) but when I go to the CMD line in dos and out in ipconfig /all - I only see my router IP and my PC :thumbsdow

What level of security are you running with zonealarms ? I had major issues with zonealarms due to level of security.

Anyway disable zonealarms (right click exit) and then try it. If your 360 sees your computer start streaming a song and then enable zonealarms again.

That should kick it to ask you do you want to enable this service.

paulmcp2403

What level of security are you running with zonealarms ? I had major issues with zonealarms due to level of security.

Anyway disable zonealarms (right click exit) and then try it. If your 360 sees your computer start streaming a song and then enable zonealarms again.

That should kick it to ask you do you want to enable this service.

will give it ttry tomorrow matey

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom