1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gladiator r1 best price

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dave H, Oct 26, 2000.

1. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    hi the best price I have found is £16.49 from dvd box office does anyone know a better supplier ?
    cheers.

------------------
    And the monkey flips the switch.

2. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Movietyme do it for £17.99 and they are better than DVD Box Office. I am getting mine from Disc Emporium (£20) and I will have it two weeks early, but I rarely pay extra just to get it so early.

Gladiator is worth paying a few more quid for!

3. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    A few quid here, a few quid there...

Does it really matter? People go into HMV and Virgin everyday and pay full price for their Cds, DVDs and games.

The thing is I have found a good supplier who has never let me down and I am happy.

4. steve tyler

steve tyler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Dave,the price i got from box office was £13.78 on the 16/9/00.Might have something to do with exchange rates changing.

5. YETi

YETi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG] Some people just have too much time on their hands and not enough change in their pockets.

6. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +639
    I used to get all my DVD on import, but I starting to find that UK based companies are almost as competative.

Take Play247. Gladiator R1 and R2 is 17.99.. Although this isn't as cheap as most US suppliers, when you take delivery into account, its not far off!

I am starting to think that I am wasting my time buying stuff from abroad. You hardly save much, maybe a quid or 2 at the most and you take your chances with customs. Plus, you never know when thay are going to arrive.

I am still ordering some titles from the US, but I think that Play are going to get ALL my orders soon.

On the subject of Gladiator, I find it hard to believe that anyone will get it much cheaper than Plays 17.99 price tag.. All the prices I have seen have been around 13-15 quid, but with delivery, its not much cheaper.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I've been shopping @ boxoffice for the last 18 months. I usually get my discs between 9 days and 3 weeks. I was told Jurassic had been shipped on the 4th of October and I still haven't received it.

I've saved a hell of a lot of money over the last 18 months but I don't like the variable waiting. I'll probably swap to play soon. I'd rather spend the extra quid and get Gladiator this side of christmas!