gladiator in HD on chanel4hd tonight 9pm.

as title.
one of my fave films .
dont miss it.:thumbsup:

Do you think it will have adverts? Hope not ..... but as its on Channel 4 ... thought they may want to showcase their HD channel ....

all the other films they've done in hd have had adverts.

so i wouldn't expect this one to be any different i'm afraid mate:rolleyes:

Chuck:)

my sky hd box says it will need 10% space so i suppose the bitrates will be up there.

Sky HD boxes aren't psychic!! It's only an HD estimation. I would hazard a guess based on past performance of C4 HD of about 18/19%

although i will watch this just to see how good the picture is...there is no way i would record it as i cant bear adverts...it defeats the objective of watching as movie?..wish this was out in proper HD disc that would be great !!!

although i will watch this just to see how good the picture is...there is no way i would record it as i cant bear adverts...it defeats the objective of watching as movie?..wish this was out in proper HD disc that would be great !!!

Spot on. Adverts completely spoil it IMO. Even Sky+ doesn't really make up for it .... they should put it on Anytime and then we can move it into our planner without adverts!

OAR and 5.1! There IS a God! :):)

and its looking very good indeed:clap:

i dont see that....i have been flicking between channel 4 and channel 4 HD...to my eyes it looks upscaled..regardless of what the sky hd banner says!...an improvement over the sd picture yes!!!..but the picture looks a bit soft and lacks sharpness..again..just IMHO...and yes i really love this movie !!! maybe i was expecting to much...

does anybody agree?!

*edit...ok the picture is starting to look really good since the scenes have got lighter...must be one of the those grainy, dark ..ridley scott moments to depict the horrors of war..that blinded my vision...lol !

god love oly reed...now thats an actor !!!! miss the crazy acting genius !!!

Dont see any sharpness problems personally, hate adverts. Dunno if I should watch this or the NFL game, love Gladiator but also a NFL fan...... wish i had room on my hard drive for one o em.

OAR and 5.1! There IS a God! :):)

Didnt realise it was in 5.1 till I read your post and switched on my amp immediately! Why is it not flagged on the info bar as DD?

Yes ,i agree picture above average at best,i suppose we all differ in certain parts of the country.But yes i am very dissappointed with the picture quality on channel 4 HD.

Didnt realise it was in 5.1 till I read your post and switched on my amp immediately! Why is it not flagged on the info bar as DD?

Never trust the SKY EPG, broadcasters always fail to make the most of it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom