• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Gladiator HD Sunday 9pm CH4HD

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
Nuff said woohoo!

wheres that sat card :devil:

Del45

Thats great, but I have just checked the planner and it does not appear to have dolby digital surround, very disappointing, I can't see the point without the surround sound.

oldman100

thanks, that's record set in my EPG.

pwood

It should be DD 5.1. 'Fantastic Four' on C4 HD now is in DD 5.1 but the info banner doesn't show it.

Are you sure? My amp says DD 2.0 stereo which it then converts to surround. I did not watch FF but all other movies so far on CH4 HD have been DD2.0 not 5.1

derek500

Are you sure? My amp says DD 2.0 stereo which it then converts to surround. I did not watch FF but all other movies so far on CH4 HD have been DD2.0 not 5.1

Yes it was I. I remember looking at my amp showing DD 2.0 during an ad break and switching back to DD 5.1 when the film came back on.

When I had my Sky+ if DD 2.0 was broadcast, my Kenwood amp used to auto switch to Dolby Pro Logic.

Now with Sky HD, same amp, same optical cable but no switching. I need to do it manually. Not just HD channels but the regular Sky Movies as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom