gladiator dts6.1 es ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by steve1, Aug 15, 2002.

1. steve1

steve1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    is the region 1 version of gladiator the only one thats flagged as dts es 6.1 i have the region 2 at the moment . which is only 5.1 play are selling the region 1 version at £18 pounds still. any one know where i can get a 6.1 es copy cheaper please have tried cd wow they only stock region 3 which is 5.1 dts only so no good there many thanks if you reply
    steve:blush:

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    steve1 I may have misunderstood your question but FYI the R2 Gladiator is DDEX & DTSES but the R2 is a matrix version whereas the R1 is a discrete version
    I have had access to both versions to compare & couldnt hear any significant difference in the EX or ES sound using my Denon 3801
    Sorry if that doesnt help ... Paul ;)

3. steve1

steve1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    thx paul you have helped abit i have been trying to find a cheap copy of the region 1 dts es 6.1 version thats all . the reason im looking for this is because ive just bought a denon 2802 and wanted to hear this 6.1 buisness thats supposed to be so good . but you say you cant hear the differnce between . r1 version and the r 2 copy is this correct if so i might stick with my region 2 version thx steve