1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gladiator announced in R4!!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Johal, Aug 25, 2000.

1. Johal

Johal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to dvdfile, Columbia Tristar and Universal have announced the region 4 release of Gladiator for 21 November.

The DVD include the following: a 2.35;1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, an audio commentary with Director Ridley Scott, a number of featurettes including the HBO First Look special, "The Bloodsport Of A Gladiator" Learning Channel featurette, "Scoring A Feature" 15-minute interview with composer Hans Zimmer, a 10 minute Visual EFX featurette, a tribute to the late Oliver Reed, 25 minutes of deleted scenes with Scott commentary, "The Treasure Chest" 7-minute deleted scene montage with special score by Hans Zimmer, and cast bios, production notes and trailers.

Dreamworks have yet to say anything about the region 1 release other than that it will be a 2 disc set. Given the amount of extras that will be on the region 4 release and the length of the movie, the Columbia Tristar/Universal release looks like it will have to be a 2 disc set or dual layered-doubled sided disc.

Since we have the same distributors as region 4 for this film, is it safe to assume that we will get the same specs on the region 2 release?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let me tell you, I'm down here in Australia (R4) and it sounds far to good to be true to me, based on the usual releases. Have a look at www.ezydvd.com.au this is our best internet DVD buying site in Australia that I have found and they should be able to tell you. Or try www.dstore.com.au/dvds if you want to buy R4. They are generally reasonably cheap and what with the way the dollar is, they'll be dirt cheap to you guys.

[This message has been edited by Neildo (edited 25-08-2000).]

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Neildo, do you get any dts releases down under ??

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just the one so far and I think it was a Sheryl Crow disc or something. But I did hear that Dreamworks were planning to release their first disc in Australia soon and it is to be The Haunting in both DD and DTS form. So fingers crossed that this is going to be the case. I'll let every one here know as soon as I do of course.
    Cheers.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently - according to DVD review magazine R1 & R2 releases will be at the same time - Columbia Tristar have issued a statement saying that all releases from now on will be simultaneous !

Apparently this includes Universal pictures as well......we will wait and see.

Mind you it will still probably be worth buying R1 as we have to maks room for those extras for 38 different language subtitles !

6. fishyben

fishyben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ralph is right, but it is a simultaneous "Worldwide" release, and its on November 28th