Given up

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jonjonjon, Aug 5, 2004.

1. jonjonjon

jonjonjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    :(

Well I've sent back my Toshiba rdxs32. Yes, it was a great bit of kit, picture was very good (though not as good as my Sony dvps 715), recording and editing got 10/10.

But, how ever hard I tried, I couldn't ignore that bloody fan. Yes I could have tried to lessen the sound by fitting a quiter fan, or a thermisitor, or maybe I could have bought a new glass fronted cabinet. But in the end I wasn't happy paying £400 for something that wasn't quite 100%.

So i'm going to wait until something 100% quiet comes out (like my Sony DVPS 715) and if that never happens, then I'll never own a DVD recorder.

Saying all that I've decided to order Sky+ with multiroom. And yes I am well aware that the unit will more than likely be noisy. But this is only going to cost £149, with free installation and an extra £10 subs a month.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,941
    So in 25 months (and £400 later) will you still be happy with it? :)

If you don't want to archive to disk Sky+ is a better choice for home recording than any DVD recorder. You can always add a HDD/DVDR combo later if you so wish (the upcoming £1300 Sony and Pioneer models will probably be fairly silent). So you have probably made the right decision.

3. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    :rotfl:

4. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Or if you did want to archive to disc then a silent Philips dvdr can be had for £149;)

5. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you sure you didn't have a faulty model. I sit around 4m from mine and I really can not hear it unless i really try without any other noise.

I have sky+ and the HD is certainly noiser.