Give me an option

cantillon

Standard Member
Reaction score
I currently own a Sony str db895d reciever which has dab but no hdmi i am wanting a playstation 3 but want a new amp with hdmi and dab on board. Forgetting the expensive dennon which is to tall anyway what is out there or in pipeline anyone??????
Regards Mike.

Can I ask as to why you want to put the HDMI through the amp?

The Yamaha DSP-AX761 is probably your best budget option if you can still find one, I think they've just been discontinued. There's a big thread on this amp here, although I've just read a post suggesting that the Onkyo SR-605 can be picked up for under £300 if you shop around as that has just been replaced. Neither of these amps are exactly slim though.

The internal DAB is going to limit things - if you go with a separate standalone DAB tuner, it'll at least open up quite a few more choices (Richer Sounds do a few budget DAB options like the Bush and Tangent models). But as delta_42 said, none of the standalone av amps with LCPM over hdmi are that slim.

Robert

Isn't DAB dead in the water anyway? I would get a separate DAB tuner or up your budget as I don't think any budget models with HDMI audio have it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom