1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl in need of help with z1 camera!...

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by wildbillmusic, Dec 30, 2003.

1. wildbillmusic

wildbillmusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got my new minolta z1 camera with a fujifilm 256MB SD Card.

First Impressions..... Wicked!, Great Camera

Second Impressions..... The Sound is out of sync with the picture and it gets worse and worse as the memory is used up

Third..... I cant connect it up to my computer

Fourth.... Purple lines

And some more little problems

BUT..... Its still a cool camera!, I can live with the purple streaks, but the audio sync probs are really annoying as a i spent loads on a very good SD card (fujifilm are good yeah?), and Im using the camera to film short band playing clips (I hit my snare drum, the sound comes 2 secs later when the card in half full!), So how can I sort this out?

And finally, I cant connect it up to my pc. I have Pentium 3, ME edition, and i connect it up wth usb, and it doesnt do anything, i put in the driver disc, and the option that says ' starting up the usb device driver' is blank, (you cant click on it), and when i try to do it manually, it scans the disc quickly and finds the right files, but when its finished, says 'unable to find drivers', whats going wrong? :(

Any one that helps me out, will get so much respect, so much credit, I'll be your slave for a day even! PLEASE!

:)

Laura

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    1st - must admit it does look nice, but never used it!

2nd - I believe Minolta know about this and are releasing a firmware update in the new year to help to solve the lip sync probs.

3rd - disconnect the camera. Install the driver software. Plug camera in and power on and PC should find camera. USB drivers need to be installed before the hardware!

4th - sounds like you need a replacement/repair.

HTH,
    Mark.

3. DJW

DJW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've got a Z1 & you're right it's great.

I can't comment on the video side as I have never used it......but to be honest I wouldn't expect a Camera to be that good for video. My previous Olympus C2000 Zoom offered the same facility, but it was still pretty poor.

Ref USB connection I had the same problem with W2000 on my laptop. Eventually after rebooting PC & camera several times it picked it up & has been fine since. I get the feeling if you have used something else on the USB port beforehand (eg. Webcam) it won't always pick up new device. As long as the "initialising link" msg has disappeared from the Camera screen, then you should find an extra drive listed under "My Computer" as removable disk.
    Note I didn't need to add drivers for PC to pick it up.

Your last point definetely looks like a fault as MarkE19 pointes out.

Good luck & if the above works then I'll call in the favour.....need some cleaning ;)

Dave

4. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    The purple line are not the chroma fault most digital cameras suffer to one degree or another. These can be caused when you take a high contrasting shot such as tree against bright sky.

5. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,962
    I've read somewhere that the out of sync sound can be cured by using high quality fast memory cards. They are also saying that it probably only happens in 640 x 480, 30 fps mode. I'll try and find the on-line review I saw, as I'm sure it recommended a particular brand of SD memory card.

6. aaronjon

aaronjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0