1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girder commands don't work during vob playback

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Gary Lightfoot, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,118
    This is a bit of a strange one - I have Girder st up to control PowerDVD, and when playing back a DVD, it works well.

If I'm playing files from the hard drive via a playlist, when I press stop or next chapter for instance, the playback stutters slightly during the keypress, but the function isn't executed. So it seems to see the command, but more or less ignores it.

Any ideas what this is and how to fix it?

Cheers.

Gary.

2. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    How are you getting Girder to control PowerDVD? If it's by WM_Command then i guess power DVD might have a different command for a straight DVD and a lone VOB file? That's all i could come up with.

Sean

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,118
    Not sure to be honest Sean - I downloaded the .gml file from the Girder site, then just relearnt the remote commands. so I've no real idea how it all works at the moment.

Someone on another forum did suggest something similar to you, so I'll look into it.

Cheers.

Gary.