Giraffe28's Home Cinema/Living Area/Office

Giraffe28

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Finally got round to taking some snaps of my setup this evening so I thought I'd share them with you all, this is my first proper go at a home cinema, I'm chuffed with it, although like any AV enthusiast I'm always upgrading or looking to add new kit to my setup.

My Kit List:

Samsung PS63C7000 63" Plasma
Monitor Audio RX6's Piano Black
Monitor Audio RX Centre Piano Black
Monitor Audio 200 series W280 In Wall Rears
Velodyne CHT-15Q Subwoofer
Chord Company & QED Cables
Onkyo 875 Amp
Onkyo DX-7555 Compact Disc Player
Oppo BDP-83 Blu-Ray Player
Sky HD
Apple TV
Xbox Elite Black
Nintendo Wii (For the Mrs)

Hope you enjoy viewing my attached photos any comments would be much appreciated, always been a reader of these forums and picked up alot of advice, reviews and the like along my time on here.

I have also attached some photos of my office area at the rear of my lounge, my main room is quite large and open plan been a apartment so I have everything in 1 room, Incase your wondering about that ugly bulldog, thats the boss so I had to include him to avoid upsetting him. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1416-4-1.jpg
    IMG_1416-4-1.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 4,296
  • IMG_1425-13-4.jpg
    IMG_1425-13-4.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 3,491
  • IMG_1420-8-3.jpg
    IMG_1420-8-3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,724
  • IMG_1436-22-6.jpg
    IMG_1436-22-6.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 3,596
  • IMG_1439-24-7.jpg
    IMG_1439-24-7.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,718
  • IMG_1443-27-8.jpg
    IMG_1443-27-8.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 3,479
  • IMG_1482-3-1.jpg
    IMG_1482-3-1.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 1,602
  • IMG_1465-38-10.jpg
    IMG_1465-38-10.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,815
  • IMG_1473-44-12.jpg
    IMG_1473-44-12.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 3,825
  • IMG_1452-33-9.jpg
    IMG_1452-33-9.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,608
very, very nice :thumbsup:

So what do you think of the telly? I'm really tempted to get one for our iving room as well.

Simon

Hi Simon, thanks for the compliment!

Ive had the TV for about 3 weeks now and I cant fault it, it's fantastic, I'm not all that techy so cant give you a in depth review, but for the money it's a great TV that ive had no faults with and makes a huge difference from my old 42" set!:)

I bought mine from Comet in store after they matched there online price which was the lowest I found anywhere, although amazon did put a slighty lower offer on around the same time, Go out and get 1 you wont be disappointed. :thumbsup:

Great setup looks awsome! Really like the stand mind if i ask where you got it?

Thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:

Ill attach the link, I got it from this place early in the year, they have reduced it again I have just seen, really well built unit for the money, very very heavy!!
If you get 1 just be careful that you use the rubber washers and dont discard them (like I did) as there only very small, the black laquer coating is very thin and cracks easy otherwise, I managed to say it happend in transit so got mine replaced, but easily done!!

Demagio DML120 High Gloss Finish LCD Plasma TV Stand with Illuminated Glass

looks proper smart mate well done ,, i think the dog is wicked lol , looks proper cosey up in there lol :thumbsup:

wow now that setup is the business right there, i love it and the stand is a very nice touch to.

you have a very slick setup and that sub looks like it's ready to pump out some serious LFE!!:thumbsup:

wow now that setup is the business right there, i love it and the stand is a very nice touch to.

you have a very slick setup and that sub looks like it's ready to pump out some serious LFE!!:thumbsup:

Thanks! Yes the sub is fantastic goes very very low, I'm not sure my neighbours quite agree yet mind you! But nevermind :laugh:

I loved the stand the min I saw it and had to have it, just adds that little bit of colour without it looking tacky, the light comes through the glass really well, tried to show it off the best I could with the photos.

Great setup!

You need to invest in a Harmony One remote...

this set up should be in a hifi mag.

stunning looking all round- many congrats.

are you an interior designer?

Awesome set-up although that sub is a tad on the small size :laugh:

Really like the stand too make a very nice statement!

Another vote from me on getting a Harmony One you won't know how you got by without one if you get one!

Top job!

While snapping some photos of my setup, the girlfriend could'nt help getting herself involved in some of them.
If Velodyne or Monitor Audio fancy using these in there next catalog, raw copies are available for a good price :laugh:

Attachments

• IMG_1538-29-2.jpg
    IMG_1538-29-2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 2,006
  • IMG_1561-51-4.jpg
    IMG_1561-51-4.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 1,964
  • IMG_1557-47-3.jpg
    IMG_1557-47-3.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,903
:eek:

Glad I viewed these before a mod deletes them. Very nice :smashin:

Nice setup, love the sub! Just need a Harmony 1100 remote my friend:smashin:

Jesus!:smashin:
You must find it very difficult to leave the house in the morning with all that cool gear.
Top work and your missus is very easy on the eye!!!

Jesus!:smashin:
You must find it very difficult to leave the house in the morning with all that cool gear.
Top work and your missus is very easy on the eye!!!

In this weather I do find it very hard to leave the house correct! I spend many a hour sitting in front of it watching movies etc in the warmth!

Thanks for the comms about the mrs :smashin: she likes to pose it is her job after all, although I hear I'm going to get told off for posting those photos:(

Just thought it would brighten up my posting a little more :laugh:

Cracking setup & nice missus!

No complaints from me, just probably best to keep any further pictures on your home cinema :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom