Giottos QR plate

Wingsurfer

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My partner bought me a tripod & head for Christmas, I'm noticing that the QR plate will not attach securely to my battery grip - only a slight amount of pressure loosens it from the grip (this is a cheapo Amazon job) no matter how tight I screw it in. The plate does attach securely to the camera without grip, so it must be the base of the grip that it doesn't like. What method would you guys recommend to solve this problem?

Ta & merry Christmas :)

Either swap the grip and see if a different one is better, it try swapping the QR plate and base for a different manufacturer and see if this is better. I swapped my giottos QR plate and base for a manfrotto RC2 so that I can use it with a black rapid fastenR so it can be used in conjunction with a sling strap.

I didn't realise that the plates/bases were universal, thanks buddy.
Think I'd prefer that option rather than getting a different grip that may or may not be suitable. Can you recommend a plate/base that will grip securely onto pretty much anything?

I didn't realise that the plates/bases were universal, thanks buddy.
Think I'd prefer that option rather than getting a different grip that may or may not be suitable. Can you recommend a plate/base that will grip securely onto pretty much anything?
Afraid not, trial and error I think. Could always say which grip you've got and ask people if they have the same one and what they use.

The base plates aren't universal per se, but I just used an adapter.

Afraid not, trial and error I think. Could always say which grip you've got and ask people if they have the same one and what they use.

The base plates aren't universal per se, but I just used an adapter.

I McGyverred an effective solution - a rectangular bit of rubber cut from an old bike inner tube between the plate & grip base. It secures nicely now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom