1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ginger Snaps

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by General Skanky, Sep 22, 2001.

1. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I can't find the other posts about this film.<br />I remember someone talking about it. How do you rate it?<br />Without giving it away, what's the film like?<br />I've just ordered it from Play as it implies werewolves and things and that's good enough for me. <br />I'll go and check IMDB and My Movies, but can someone here praise or slate it so I know what I'm in for please.<br />Is it an Australian film? If so I may not want it then.

2. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and what's wrong with mad max????

its actually a canadian film, rated highly by empire and i think only shown in a handful of cinemas in this country. Been available from movietyme r4 for a while, as advertised on the above banner for £12, but movietyme's site alleges a slight problem with the audio, slight echo or summit, check out their site for full details.

i wish to buy it meself, but will nedd to get another job...so many discs to buy in coming months.

3. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    movietyme are advertising it r1 as well now... for £12, not bad

4. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Cheers Ars.

I don't dislike Aussie/British films, there are a few good ones. Lock Stock, Mad Max, Four Weddings etc, but mostly they are few and far between. And having a car chase and shootout through the streets of say Leeds, just doesn't seem to have the same cinematic impact as those of the US!

£12! I may just look. Thanks.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This film is bloody(very bloody) great there has not been any good horror for some time and it gives the whole were wolf routine a new spin I have the region 4 disc and there are no problems at all with sound however depending on your need for extras may be an idea to wait for the region one disc (currently on movietymes site)<br />If you like your films quirky and different you will not be disappointed.

6. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    I really liked this one.<br />There's a difference between the US and Canadian discs. The US version is more or less bare bones, the Canadian disc (if you want extras) is fully loaded.<br />It's a return to the kind of horror film that doesn't rely so much on self-referential ironic nods to every slasher movie ever made.

Personally I'd go with the Canadian disc.